Costume-Con 29 Video Masquerade Film Festival Application Dates have been set

  • Kevin Roche
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2010
      Andy Trembley and I are producing the Video Masquerade for Costume-Con
      29 (April 29-May 2, 2011, in New Jersey) with the same procedures as we
      did for Costume-Con 28 in Milwaukee as a film festival of
      costume-focused productions. If we receive enough entries, they will be
      judged and awards made, but in any case all accepted entries will be
      showcased in one or more screenings for all members of the convention.

      We're looking for short (typically 6 minutes or less)films/videos
      featuring you or your friends in costumes! Costumes of any genre are
      appropriate, including costumed puppets and dolls. Films must be
      appropriate for a mixed (mostly adult, but some youngsters) audience. As
      with Costume-Con stage masquerades, aim for the equivalent of a PG-13
      rating. *You do not have to be a member of Costume-Con 29 to submit an
      entry*

      As we did last year, we'll be using Youtube for initial submission (and
      distribution to judges, if there are enough entries). Full details are
      available on the Costume-Con 29 website at
      <http://cc29nj.com/videomasq.aspx> . There is one new detail just now
      submitted for those rules: our entry deadlines. Initial submissions are
      due by March 18, 2011 (6 weeks before the convention) and
      high-resolution copies of all accepted entries by April 15.

      The Video Masquerade is an opportunity to show off your costume work to
      an appreciative audience in ways you could never accomplish on a live
      stage. Last year's entries are still viewable via Youtube as a playlist:
      <http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=0F272B8609117DA8>

      If you have any questions, drop a note to me at videomasq@....
      Feel free to forward this post in its entirety to anyone you think might
      be interested!

      Kevin Roche
      CoDirector, CC29 Video Masquerade Film Festival