Re: [ICG-D] RE: CostumeCon-32 Bid Received

  • Eric Brine
    Message 1 of 41 , Dec 4, 2010
      On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Martin Gear <MartinGear@...> wrote:

      > Please, they are not "Costumes" they are Regalia. (This may be a subtle
      > difference, but having a native American son who has been a lead dancer
      > at pow wows, I've learned that this is a very important distinction to
      > the community.)
      >
      > Marty

      "The term costume can refer to wardrobe and dress in general, or to the
      distinctive style of dress of a particular people, class, or period."

      "A style of dress, including garments, accessories and hairstyle, especially
      as characteristic of a particular country, period or people."

      "The attire characteristic of a country or a time or a social class; <<he
      wore his national costume>>"

      Regalia is a form of costume.

      - Eric

      Message 41 of 41 , Dec 8, 2010