Re: [ICG-D] Costume-Con 32 bid received

  • Richard Man
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 30, 2010
      Whee... may be we will get to go to Toronto again :-)

      --
      // richard <http://www.imagecraft.com/>
      replies in your msgs. ]

    • Kathryn Draves
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 1, 2010
        > Location: Totonto, Ontario, Canada
        >
        > Dates: TBD (ideally the last weekend in April/first weekend in May 2014)
        >
        > Venue: TBD (probably the The International Plaza hotel, but 2 other backup
        > hotels are in reserve)

        I can envision a bunch of Lone Ranger-themed costumes...

        Kathy Draves

      • Lay, Toni
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 1, 2010
          SARI SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!

          Toni

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 1, 2010
            I'm thinking more of Dudley Do-Right.....

            Yours in cosutming, Lisa A

            On Wed, 1 Dec 2010 14:58:31 +0000 Kathryn Draves <kdraves@...>
            writes:
            > > Location: Totonto, Ontario, Canada
            > >
            > > Dates: TBD (ideally the last weekend in April/first weekend in May
            > 2014)
            > >
            > > Venue: TBD (probably the The International Plaza hotel, but 2
            > other backup
            > > hotels are in reserve)
            >

            > I can envision a bunch of Lone Ranger-themed costumes...
            >
            > Kathy Draves

          • Kaijugal .
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 1, 2010
              How did you know Toni? ^_^; It *IS* in the proposal. :D
              ~Dawn

              SARI SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!

              Toni

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 1, 2010
                I remember the "Pillaging of the Sari Shops" at CC13.

                Car loads of American females, running from sari shop to sari shop,
                waving little plastic cards, screaming, "Mine! Mine! It's all mine!"
                I think some of the shop owners/workers are still in therapy.

                How did you know Toni? ^_^; It *IS* in the proposal. :D ~Dawn

                SARI SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!

                Toni
              • Bruce & Nora Mai
                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 1, 2010
                  Jacqui took us sari shopping via public transport - we had a blast.

                  Nora

                  How did you know Toni? ^_^; It *IS* in the proposal. :D ~Dawn

                  SARI SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!

                • McClure, Kate (BLV)
                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 1, 2010
                    Oh, cool! I went the last time CC was in Toronto, and it was a great
                    time!

                    Kate McClure

                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 1, 2010
                      This is a good time to remind everyone south of the border to CHECK YOUR
                      PASSPORT! If you need a new one, start the process now, before the
                      government shuts down due to playground politics. ;)

                      Kate McClure

                      Who should take her own advice . . .

                    • Jeanine Swick
                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 1, 2010
                        Be prepared for sticker shock! The cost has gone up dramatically for
                        both new and renwals.

                        Jeanine

                        On 12/01/2010 12:14 PM, McClure, Kate (BLV) wrote:

                        > This is a good time to remind everyone south of the border to CHECK YOUR
                        > PASSPORT! If you need a new one, start the process now, before the
                        > government shuts down due to playground politics. ;)
                        >
                        > Kate McClure
                        >
                        > Who should take her own advice . . .

                      • Dany
                        Message 11 of 21 , Dec 1, 2010
                          www.usps.com/passport

                          Current price for an adult for a new passport: $135 +$15 if you take the photo there.

                          There is a passport card that is a bit cheaper you can get that will allow you to go to Canada, but if you think you will be going to, say, Italy in any time soon, go for the full deal.

                          Dany
                          -highy summarizing.

                          Message 12 of 21 , Dec 1, 2010
                            When I renewed my passport in February this year, plus got a passport
                            Card, it cost me $95.

                            I carry the passport card for general ID since I don't have a driver's
                            license. The passport book I use for foreign travel like cruises.

                            Toni

                            ________________________________

                            Message 13 of 21 , Dec 1, 2010
                              Be sure to check the restrictions on the passport card. If I remember
                              correctly you can't use it if you fly. Then again by time CC32 rolls
                              around who know what changes will have happened.

                              Jeanine

                              Message 14 of 21 , Dec 1, 2010
                                Yaaaaayyyyy!!! Also, Indian food!!!!

                                Sandy

                                At 10:05 AM 12/1/2010, you wrote:

                                >I remember the "Pillaging of the Sari Shops" at CC13.
                                >
                                >Car loads of American females, running from sari shop to sari shop,
                                >waving little plastic cards, screaming, "Mine! Mine! It's all mine!"
                                >I think some of the shop owners/workers are still in therapy.
                                >
                                >Toni

                                "Those Who Fail to Learn History
                                Why They Are Simply Doomed."

                                -- C. Y. 4971

                              • Bruno
                                Message 15 of 21 , Dec 1, 2010
                                  At CC19, I was the crazy american shopping the fabric department at the Bay.

                                  Bruno

                                  Quoting "Lay, Toni" <layt@...>:

                                  > I remember the "Pillaging of the Sari Shops" at CC13.
                                  >
                                  > Car loads of American females, running from sari shop to sari shop,
                                  > waving little plastic cards, screaming, "Mine! Mine! It's all mine!"
                                  > I think some of the shop owners/workers are still in therapy.
                                  >
                                  > Toni
                                • Bruno
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Dec 1, 2010
                                    Maybe by the time CC32 rolls around, they'll have worked out the issue
                                    of having your naughty bits x-rayed or groped by TSA.

                                    Bruno

                                    Quoting Jeanine Swick <jeanine@...>:

                                    > Be sure to check the restrictions on the passport card. If I remember
                                    > correctly you can't use it if you fly. Then again by time CC32 rolls
                                    > around who know what changes will have happened.
                                    >
                                    > Jeanine
                                  • Eric Brine
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Dec 2, 2010
                                      On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Jeanine Swick <jeanine@...> wrote:

                                      > Be sure to check the restrictions on the passport card. If I remember
                                      > correctly you can't use it if you fly.

                                      Correct.

                                      Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative
                                      http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

                                      - Eric Brine

                                    • CC2010Milw@cs.com
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Dec 3, 2010
                                        Posted by: "Kathryn Draves" kdraves@... costumedoc

                                        Wed Dec 1, 2010 6:59 am (PST)

                                        >Location: Totonto, Ontario, Canada
                                        >
                                        >Dates: TBD (ideally the last weekend in April/first weekend in May 2014)
                                        >
                                        >Venue: TBD (probably the The International Plaza hotel, but 2 other backup
                                        >hotels are in reserve)

                                        I can envision a bunch of Lone Ranger-themed costumes...

                                        Kathy Draves

                                        Don't tempt me!

                                        Henry W. Osier
                                        Masquerade Director
                                        North American Discworld Convention 2011