Re: [ICG-D] Link to NY fashion week pics

  • Aurora Celeste
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 12, 2010
      Fortunately Paris did less to disappoint (at least imo). Sarah Burton for
      Alexander McQueen did an amazing job, and I love the butterfly dresses and
      the spectacular gilded wheat. Dior had some pretty neat stuff, too, but in
      a more fashion-not-costume way.

      ~Aurora

      On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Lisa A Ashton <lisa58@...> wrote:

      > I LOVE the robot fashion runwaymodel idea. Very cool.
      >
      > When the real-life implosion improves, I would love to do this.
      >
      > Yours inc ostuming, Lisa A
      >
      > > - all the models have approximately the same body type
      > >
      > > Why would I ever take fashion week seriously if I can't see some of
      > > these styles on a body that looks a even a little bit like me?
      > >
      > > My fantasy is that the robot engineers in Japan design fashion
      > > models.
      > > The Japanese are waaaaaaaay ahead of us on creepy-looking humanoid
      > > robot
      > > technology. If they can build one to play the trumpet, why not a
      > > robot
      > > that walks down the runway? I'll be it would be fine if the robots
      > > have
      > > a big butts or short waists or long legs or huge boobs.
      > >
      > > BTW, if anybody wants to do a group of fashion robots for a Worldcon
      > > or
      > > CostumeCon, I'd go for that.

    • Lisa A Ashton
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 12, 2010
        It will have to be WAY in the future--I have aproject for CC29 plus I am
        doing programming for them (PS would you like to be on a program item
        hint hint, maybe something about costuming in a Star Trek universe?).
        And CC30 may be too far away to be taking large pieces, but it's a
        fantastic idea. Maybe we could do two of them at a smaller con like
        Balticon in ayear or two.

        Yours inc osutming, Lisa A