There's a new issue of Yipe!

  • Kevin Roche
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 16, 2010
      YIPE! Volume 2, Issue 6, “We’ll Take It In A Little,” is now available
      for download at http://www.yipezine.com

      Our June issue has a special focus on the recent Baycon here in Santa Clara:

      Our first BayCon tale comes from our good friend Leo Schwab, who writes
      of his out of costume life as a man everyone accuses of being in
      costume. The awkwardness is reinforced by Joanne Pelaschier’s take on
      her first ever outing to the San Francisco Bay Area’s… um… BayConiest…
      convention?

      Then, right on schedule, España gives the Masquerade system an atomic
      wedgie and steals its lunch money. Longtime reader and first-time
      contributor Deborah Bretschneider follows with the tale of “Eat the
      Guests”, BayCon’s first attempt at a zombiewalk… or zombie sit, as the
      case may be.

      And, because we’re all a bunch of selfish bastards who can’t stop
      talking about ourselves for one instant, Mette puts us back on track
      with 10 questions for Cosplay goddess and BayCon regular Karisu.

      As usual, we're always on the lookout for submissions for the next
      issue. Drop a line to editors@... if you have an article,
      photos, art, poetry, etc. you'd like to contribute to issue 2.7 for July!

      Kevin
      <http://www.yipezine.com>
    • Kevin Roche
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 22 5:02 PM
        YIPE! Volume 2, Issue 7, "Dregs," is now available for free download
        from http://www.yipezine.com in both high-resolution and
        lower-resolution formats.

        As always, we're already on the lookout for articles, stories, photos,
        artwork or even poetry about costuming in social spaces for future
        issues. If you're interested in contributing (even a few hundred words
        about someplace you went/something you did in costume), drop a line to
        editors@...

        Enjoy!

        Kevin

        PS You might want to have a hand mirror handy when you read this issue.
      • Lisa A Ashton
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 25 3:01 PM
          Kevin--thanks for the magazine--I still have not figured out how you
          accomplish so much--I am thinking you actually exist in an alternate
          universe where the days are 48 hours long, and so you somehow have more
          time to get things done. If you are giving away free time tickets, count
          me in.

          Yours in costuming, Lisa a

          On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 17:02:18 -0700 Kevin Roche <kevin@...>
          writes:
          > YIPE! Volume 2, Issue 7, "Dregs," is now available for free download
          >
          > from http://www.yipezine.com in both high-resolution and
          > lower-resolution formats.
          >
          > As always, we're already on the lookout for articles, stories,
          > photos,
          > artwork or even poetry about costuming in social spaces for future
          > issues. If you're interested in contributing (even a few hundred
          > words
          > about someplace you went/something you did in costume), drop a line
          > editors@...
          >
          > Enjoy!
          >
          > Kevin
          >
          > PS You might want to have a hand mirror handy when you read this
          > issue.
        • Kevin Roche
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 23, 2010
            YIPE! Volume 2, Issue 8, “Loose Threads,” is now available for download
            from http://www.yipezine.com in both high- and low-resolution versions.

            In addition, we have now set up an email notification subscription, so
            you can get instant notification directly into your inbox when we post a
            new issue.

            Kevin

            PS We are always hungry for more articles, photos etc. If you have
            something you'd like to share, drop us a line at editors@... .
            We're especially underrepresented on historical events lately...
          • Kevin Roche
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 4, 2011
              We managed to get the December issue out at the last minute on December
              31st.

              Have a gander at my research on the proper wardrobe to wear with the
              jetpack Santa brought you, what sort of gunsafe Espana needs for her new
              raygun, and a bit of handy advice from Jason, while Mette asks one
              question of 10 costumers and we all asked you for your wish lists!

              Yipe is free for download at http://www.yipezine.com in both
              high-resolution (double page) and low-resolution (single page) editions.

              And, as always, we like to hear from *you*. We'll be featuring some
              special contributions we've been holding on to in the January edition,
              but we always want more!

              Kevin
            • Kevin Roche
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 3, 2011
                We take it all back!

                YIPE! Volume 3, Issue 0, “Redacted,” is now available for free download
                from http://www.yipezine.com

                This is our much-delayed second annual Issue Xero, resurrected from
                file-corruption limbo.

                We're already most of the way done with the February issue, but there's
                still time for comments or content from you!

                Drop us a line at editors@... if you have something to contribute.

                Enjoy!

                Kevin

                PS: for those of you who attempted to nominate Yipe for a Hugo last year
                even though we were not yet eligible, thank you. This year, if you are
                again so inclined, we *are* eligible.
              • Kevin Roche
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 17, 2011
                  YIPE! Volume 3, Issue 2, “Whom?,” is now available for free download at

                  http://www.yipezine.com

                  This issue is a huge Doctor Who pictorial special edition with numerous
                  guest contributors in addition to the usual suspects (including yours
                  truly).

                  As always, both high-resolution double-page spread and low-resolution
                  single-page versions are available for download, as are all previous issues.

                  And (still) as always, we're always on the lookout for more guest
                  contributors -- share your photos, stories, art, poetry, what have you
                  with our international audience. Drop a line to editors@... if
                  you have something you'd like to share.

                  Kevin Roche

                  PS If you haven't filled out your Hugo nomination ballot yet, you have a
                  week left to do so. This year Yipe! has enough issues in publication to
                  be among the many fine fanzine titles eligible for nomination. If you
                  like our 'zine, I hope you'll consider remembering us during nominations.
                • Kevin Roche
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 30, 2011
                    Actually, there are TWO!

                    Our lamentably delayed May issue, "International Travelogue", and our
                    June costume wedding special, "Unbridaled", are now both available for
                    free download from <www.yipezine.com> !

                    As usual, we're always on the lookout for material (articles, photos,
                    letters of comment) for future issues. All such can be directed to
                    editors@... !

                    Enjoy!

                    Kevin
                  • Kevin Roche
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 3, 2011
                      The October Worldcon review issue of Yipe!, "RENOvated" is now available
                      for free download from <http://www.yipezine.com>.

                      As usual, it's been published in two resolutions for your convenience.

                      If you haven't visited the site recently, we've also posted the 12-page
                      "mini" Yipe sampler that we printed to be included in the World Order Of
                      Faneditors compilation at the 69th World Science Fiction Convention.

                      Kevin

                      PS: It's October, the month we costumers are expected to be out doing
                      even wilder and more exotic things... drop a line to
                      editors@... and share what you are doing with our readers;
                      photos are even better!
                    • Kevin Roche
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 29, 2012
                        Hard to believe it's been a year, but I'm happy to announce a new issue of Yipe!

                        Issue 4.10*, "Reanimated: Cocktails vs Zombies" is now available for
                        free download (in two resolutions) at http://www.yipezine.com

                        Debbie and Linda go commando for pink drinks, Chris finds the perfect
                        Cocktail Suit, Kevin is all dressed up with nowhere to drink as he
                        rolls his robot bartender all over town, and Jerry Thrills us all with
                        the brain-eating tale of her life as a Zombie.

                        This is my first issue as the sole editor of Yipe, and I'm quite
                        pleased with the results.

                        Kevin

                        *the "10" in 4.10 is for October