A new community issue of Virtual Costumer is on line!

  • kathe_gust
    Message 1 of 28 , May 16 8:19 PM
      The second issue for 2010 of SiliconWeb's online Newsletter, the Virtual Costumer has been released to the members and, as you all know by now, this means that the previous issue is available to the interested public.

      The issue now open to the public features a Los Angeles Fashion District tour, Babylock Embellisher review, tips on posing for photographers, getting your costumes through airport security, and much more.

      To access this issue (Volume 8, #1) and all other past issues of the Virtual Costumer go to:

      http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue

      Happy reading,
      Phil Gust
      editor, Virtual Costumer
    • kathe_gust
      Message 2 of 28 , Nov 22, 2010
        This "between the wars" issue has articles on Egyptomania, Vionnet, Erté, the evolution of the bra, ICG Lifetime Achievement winners, and how-to's on shoes and hats of the 1920's and 30's, and much more.

        To read this issue go to:

        http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue. Choose Volume 8 issue 3.

        Enjoy!

        Phil Gust
        editor
        Message 3 of 28 , Nov 23, 2010
          Phil --

          A really good issue! Congratulations on this one.

          Byron

          On Nov 23, 2010, at 12:27 AM, kathe_gust wrote:

          > This "between the wars" issue has articles on Egyptomania, Vionnet, Ert��, the evolution of the bra, ICG Lifetime Achievement winners, and how-to's on shoes and hats of the 1920's and 30's, and much more.
          >
          > To read this issue go to:
          >
          > http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue. Choose Volume 8 issue 3.
          >
          > Enjoy!
          >
          > Phil Gust
          > editor

        • Philip Gust
          Message 4 of 28 , Nov 24, 2010
            Thanks Byron! I'm glad that you enjoyed it, and appreciate your feedback.

            --- In ICG-D@yahoogroups.com, Byron Connell <byronpconnell@...> wrote:

            > Phil --
            >
            > A really good issue! Congratulations on this one.
            >
            > Byron
            >

            > On Nov 23, 2010, at 12:27 AM, kathe_gust wrote:
            >
            > > This "between the wars" issue has articles on Egyptomania, Vionnet, Erté, the evolution of the bra, ICG Lifetime Achievement winners, and how-to's on shoes and hats of the 1920's and 30's, and much more.
            > >
            > > To read this issue go to:
            > >
            > > http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue. Choose Volume 8 issue 3.
            > >
            > > Enjoy!
            > >
            > > Phil Gust
            > > editor

          • kathe_gust
            Message 5 of 28 , Feb 18, 2011
              A new community issue of Virtual Costumer is on line!

              This Victorian and Edwardian issue has articles on the plume trade, Victorian buttons, hair jewelry, a famous painting in costumes, a remembrance of SiW member Kayta Barrows, and much more.

              To read this issue go to:

              http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue. Choose Volume 8 issue 4.

              Enjoy!

              Phil Gust
              editor
            • kathe_gust
              Message 6 of 28 , May 18 9:28 PM
                Fantasy costuming offers plenty of challenges in this issue.
                Check out the articles on velvet stamping, green screen photography,
                paper fashions by Isabelle de Borchgrave and Mardi Gras embellishment delights.

                To read this issue go to:

                http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue. Choose Volume 9 issue 1.

                Enjoy!

                Phil Gust
                editor
              • Katherine Daida
                Message 7 of 28 , May 18 9:50 PM
                  The viewer wants a password still.

                  Katt Daida

                  To: ICG-D@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 28 , May 19 1:07 AM
                    Hi Katt

                    Make sure you select Vol 9, Number 1, the previous issue.

                    The current issue, Vol 9, #2, is available to SiliconWeb members only. When
                    the next issue comes out, then Vol 9 #2 will be available to everyone.

                    --
                    // richard <http://www.imagecraft.com/>
                    // richard's personal photo blog: <http://www.5pmlight.com>

                  • Lay, Toni
                    Message 9 of 28 , May 19 8:35 AM
                      I recently saw a tv program about Isabelle de Borchgrave's work and it
                      is truly amazing. You look at what you think is fabric and it's really
                      paper.

                      Toni

                      ________________________________

                      Message 10 of 28 , May 21 7:20 PM
                        At 03:07 AM 5/19/2011, you wrote:
                        As of 9 PM Central Time Saturday, 5/21/11, it is
                        still asking for a password. Yes, for Volume 9 Issue 1.

                        Pierre

                        >Hi Katt
                        >
                        >Make sure you select Vol 9, Number 1, the previous issue.
                        >
                        >The current issue, Vol 9, #2, is available to SiliconWeb members only. When
                        >the next issue comes out, then Vol 9 #2 will be available to everyone.
                        >
                        >On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 9:50 PM, Katherine Daida
                        ><<mailto:kattdaida%40hotmail.com>kattdaida@...>wrote:
                        >

                        > > The viewer wants a password still.
                        > >
                        > > Katt Daida
                        > >
                        > > To: <mailto:ICG-D%40yahoogroups.com>ICG-D@yahoogroups.com
                        > > From: <mailto:celefinniel%40yahoo.com>celefinniel@...
                        > > Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 04:28:58 +0000
                        > > Subject: [ICG-D] A new community issue of Virtual Costumer is on line!
                        > >

                        >--
                        >// richard <<http://www.imagecraft.com/>http://www.imagecraft.com/>
                        >// icc blog: <<http://imagecraft.com/blog/>http://imagecraft.com/blog/>
                        >// richard's personal photo blog:
                        ><<http://www.5pmlight.com>http://www.5pmlight.com>
                        >[ For technical support on ImageCraft products, please include all previous
                        >replies in your msgs. ]

                        "Those Who Fail to Learn History
                        Why They Are Simply Doomed."

                        -- C. Y. 4971

                      • Richard Man
                        Message 11 of 28 , May 21 10:31 PM
                          Hmm... I just tried it on a different computer and it also works. May be
                          your browser to caching something. Try one of these, if you can:

                          - Use a different browser. Both Firefox and Chrome work quite well on PC, in
                          addition to later version of Internet Explorer. On Mac, you have choices of
                          Firefox, Chrome, and Safari, all very capable (there are Opera and other
                          lesser used browsers too...)

                          - Click the reload button while holding the SHIFT key down. They truly
                          reload the page.

                          - Ask the browser to clear cache and cookies. Details differ depending on
                          the browser, but if you need help, email me off-list and I will see what I
                          can do.

                          Also, try clicking on this direct link :-)

                          <http://www.siwcostumers.org/newsletterarchive/VirtCostV9-I1-2011.pdf>

                          Message 12 of 28 , May 22 7:43 AM
                            At 12:31 AM 5/22/2011, you wrote:

                            Same result on Firefox (my usual browser) and Internet Explorer. All
                            my cookies were cleared out while we were at CC when I had a
                            maintenance checkup, but I did it again to be sure. Note that earlier
                            issues can be reached without a problem.

                            Message 13 of 28 , May 22 1:24 PM
                              I have double checked both links and found a subtle typo in the one on the "current issue" page, but the one on the "table of contents" page was correct and working. They should both be working properly now. Let me know if they are not!

                              Kathe
                              celefinniel at yahoo dot com (pings me faster than this list does)

                              Message 14 of 28 , May 23 3:55 PM
                                At 03:24 PM 5/22/2011, you wrote:

                                SUCCESS!!!!!!

                                Thanks,

                                Pierre

                                Message 15 of 28 , Nov 20, 2011
                                  Explore the influence of Eastern Clothing on the West from Samurai Films to Bollywood and beyond. Articles on Philippine Dance Attire, Belly Dance Costuming, and Chairman Mao, with the added plus of Virtual Postcards from WorldCon Renovation.

                                  To read this issue go to:

                                  http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue. Choose Community Issue Volume 9 issue 3.

                                  Enjoy!

                                  Phil Gust
                                  editor
                                • kathe_gust
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Feb 18, 2012
                                    As "clothes make the man" they also define the heroes and villains of history, literature and our own imaginations. Includes Real Life Costumed Crusaders, making the Godzilla costume, and a lesson on costuming for heroes and villains.

                                    http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue. Choose Volume 9 issue 4.

                                    Enjoy!

                                    Phil Gust
                                    editor
                                  • kathe_gust
                                    Message 17 of 28 , May 27 2:30 PM
                                      This issue explores elements of costuming, accessories and related culture that are quintessentially American. Includes Native American Attire, What Lizzie Borden Wore, and the Eisenhower Jacket's Influence on Fashion.

                                      To read your issue go to:

                                      http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue. Choose Volume 10 issue 1.

                                      Enjoy!

                                      Phil Gust
                                      editor
                                    • celefinniel
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Aug 28, 2012
                                        This issue celebrates the costumes and costume designers of Broadway and Hollywood. Highlights include replicating Cyd Charisse's iconic green dress, Cleopatra's Phoenix cape and Costuming for body types.

                                        http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue. Choose Volume 10 issue 2.

                                        Enjoy!

                                        Phil Gust
                                        editor
                                      • celefinniel
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Nov 25, 2012
                                          A new community issue of Virtual Costumer is on line!

                                          This issue explores many aspects of the supernatural and the opportunities they present for creative costuming. Articles cover Creature from the Black Lagoon, The Haunted Mansion, and costuming Make-up and Special Effects.

                                          http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue. Choose Volume 10 issue 3.

                                          Enjoy!

                                          Phil Gust
                                          editor
                                        • celefinniel
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Feb 27, 2013
                                            This issue explores some of the more unusual aspects of technologies used in the costumer's art from useful devices to truly wacky inventions.

                                            http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue. Choose Volume 10 issue 4.

                                            Enjoy!

                                            Phil Gust
                                            editor
                                          • celefinniel
                                            Message 21 of 28 , May 31 8:10 PM
                                              This issue explores how costumers organize their workspaces, projects and materials.

                                              http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue. Choose Volume 11 issue 1.

                                              Enjoy!

                                              Phil Gust
                                              editor
                                            • celefinniel
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Aug 31, 2013
                                                This issue provides a gentle introduction to the Furry fandom and fursuit costuming. http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue.   Choose Volume 11 issue 2. Enjoy! Phil Gust editor
                                              • celefinniel
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Nov 26, 2013
                                                  Step back to the romantic age of the Georgian and Regency periods!

                                                  http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue.
                                                  Choose Volume 11 issue 3.

                                                  Enjoy!

                                                  Phil Gust
                                                  editor
                                                • celefinniel
                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Feb 28, 2014
                                                    Hats Off!  Celebrate the many forms of hats and headgear, from historical to fantasy and sci-fi.
                                                    Visit http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue.  Choose Volume 11 issue 4.

                                                    Enjoy!
                                                    Phil Gust
                                                    editor
                                                  • celefinniel
                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Jun 1, 2014

                                                      Delve into the costuming for one of the most popular sci-fi/fantasy series ever: Doctor Who!

                                                      To read your issue go to:
                                                      http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue
                                                      Select the Community issue, Volume 12 issue 1.

                                                      Enjoy!
                                                      Phil Gust
                                                      editor

                                                    • celefinniel
                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Aug 27, 2014
                                                        Celebrate the magic of the Wonderful World of Disney Costuming!

                                                        http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue.
                                                        Choose Volume 12 issue 2.

                                                        Enjoy!

                                                        Phil Gust
                                                        editor

                                                      • celefinniel
                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Nov 29, 2014
                                                          Embellishment and Wearable Arts, incorporating unusual materials and construction techniques to provide costumers with new avenues for creativity.

                                                          http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue.  Choose Volume 12 issue 3.

                                                          Enjoy!

                                                          Phil Gust
                                                          editor

                                                        • celefinniel
                                                          Message 28 of 28 , Feb 25
                                                            Odds & Ends, featuring in-depth articles by some amazing authors on range of topics -- a potpourri to inspire you during the winter season.

                                                            http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue.  Choose Volume 12 issue 4.

                                                            Enjoy!

                                                            Philip Gust
                                                            Editor, The Virtual Costumer