Re: Places to see while at Costume-Con 28

  • CC2010Milw@cs.com
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 7, 2010
      Posted by: "Gravely MacCabre" gravelymac@... gravelymac

      Tue Apr 6, 2010 6:55 am (PDT)

      Monday night the Brewers are home in beautiful Miller Park to play the
      Atlanta Braves FYI

      I've seen that park. I wouldn't call it beautiful.

      Henry W. Osier
      Chairman, Costume-Con 28
      May 7 to May 10, 2010 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
      www.CC28.org
      Look for our fan page on Facebook!
      And on Twitter: CostumeCon28
      Got questions?
      Join the CostumeCon Yahoo group!

    • CC2010Milw@cs.com
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 7, 2010
        Posted by: "Trudy Leonard" georgialei@... georgialei

        Tue Apr 6, 2010 10:42 am (PDT)

        Oh, please don't let Clair know that. We'll never get her off to the
        brewery tour. Although, I don't know - beer or the Braves. Might be a toss-up
        there.

        Trudy

        Which Brewery tour are you interested in?

        Henry W. Osier
        Chairman, Costume-Con 28
        May 7 to May 10, 2010 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
        www.CC28.org
        Look for our fan page on Facebook!
        And on Twitter: CostumeCon28
        Got questions?
        Join the CostumeCon Yahoo group!

      • Trudy Leonard
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 9, 2010
          Clair is researching that. She's looking for one that has a variety of sodas as well as beer for our non-drinker. She says the one closest to the hotel only has root beer and Caren doesn't like that.

          Trudy

          To: ICG-D@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 9, 2010
            On 4/9/2010 5:45 PM, Trudy Leonard wrote:
            > Clair is researching that. She's looking for one that has a variety of sodas as well as beer for our non-drinker. She says the one closest to the hotel only has root beer and Caren doesn't like that.

            Sprecher Brewery does beer and a number of sodas, including classic
            (honey) cream, orange cream and vintage cola.

            andy
          • Nora
            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 10, 2010
              How far is that from the hotel? Looks like fun.

              Nora

              --- In ICG-D@yahoogroups.com, Andrew T Trembley <attrembl@...> wrote:

              > On 4/9/2010 5:45 PM, Trudy Leonard wrote:
              > > Clair is researching that. She's looking for one that has a variety of sodas as well as beer for our non-drinker. She says the one closest to the hotel only has root beer and Caren doesn't like that.
              > >

              > Sprecher Brewery does beer and a number of sodas, including classic
              > (honey) cream, orange cream and vintage cola.
              >
              > andy

            • Trudy Leonard
              Message 6 of 21 , Apr 10, 2010
                I will definitly pass that on to Clair. Thanks for the info.

                Trudy

                To: ICG-D@yahoogroups.com
                From: attrembl@...
                Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 23:42:53 -0700
                Subject: Re: [ICG-D] Re: Places to see while at Costume-Con 28

                Message 7 of 21 , Apr 10, 2010
                  On 4/10/2010 4:55 AM, Nora wrote:
                  > How far is that from the hotel? Looks like fun.

                  Around 5 miles. The northbound #80 bus will get you pretty close.

                  andy
                • CC2010Milw@cs.com

                    Message 9 of 21 , Apr 12, 2010
                      Henry -

                      Does the hotel have a shuttle that takes you places like shopping, etc.?

                      Trudy

                      To: ICG-D@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 21 , Apr 12, 2010
                        How do you mean tricky? How can something that close be tricky?
                        Clarify please.

                        Nora

                        Message 11 of 21 , Apr 12, 2010
                          Not when we asked - we were told there were taxies.

                          Nora

                          To: ICG-D@yahoogroups.com

                          Message 12 of 21 , Apr 12, 2010
                            I've never driven much in Milwaukee, but having driven in New Jersey a time or two, I can easily imagine someplace nearby being tricky to get to.  Every place I've ever been to in New Jersey had directions that started off, turn right, but you don't want to go right.  Get on the cloverleaf, but you don't want to get on the highway, stay on the cloverleaf...

                            Later,

                            Dave Kanoy

                            Message 13 of 21 , Apr 13, 2010
                              You are correct! No shuttle. One of the reasons I picked Downtown Milwaukee
                              is for its cluster of many places to see and shop.

                              Henry W. Osier
                              Chairman, Costume-Con 28
                              May 7 to May 10, 2010 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
                              www.CC28.org
                              Look for our fan page on Facebook!
                              And on Twitter: CostumeCon28
                              Got questions?
                              Join the CostumeCon Yahoo group!

                              Posted by: "Nora &Bruce Mai" casamai@... casamai

                              Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:03 pm (PDT)

                                Message 15 of 21 , Apr 13, 2010
                                  At 07:04 PM 4/12/2010, you wrote:

                                  I recall a trip my family made to Florida when I
                                  was a kid. We were passing through Chattanooga
                                  around dinner time and saw a McDonalds by the
                                  Interstate. We spent about 45 minutes trying to
                                  reach that McDonalds. We could see it, but could
                                  not find any way to get to it. We ended up going to the next town to eat.

                                  Pierre

                                  >I've never driven much in Milwaukee, but having
                                  >driven in New Jersey a time or two, I can easily
                                  >imagine someplace nearby being tricky to get
                                  >to. Every place I've ever been to in New
                                  >Jersey had directions that started off, turn
                                  >right, but you don't want to go right. Get on
                                  >the cloverleaf, but you don't want to get on the
                                  >highway, stay on the cloverleaf...

                                  >Later,

                                  >Dave Kanoy
                                  >
                                  >--- On Mon, 4/12/10, Nora & Bruce Mai
                                  ><<mailto:casamai%40sbcglobal.net>casamai@...> wrote:
                                  >
                                  >From: Nora & Bruce Mai <<mailto:casamai%40sbcglobal.net>casamai@...>
                                  >Date: Monday, April 12, 2010, 6:03 PM
                                  >
                                  >How do you mean tricky? How can something that close be tricky?
                                  >Clarify please.
                                  >
                                  >Nora

                                  "Those Who Fail to Learn History
                                  Why They Are Simply Doomed."