Re: [ICG-D] Re: Fridays at Ten

  • Jill Eastlake
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 7, 2009
      Here's what I tried to post to Yahoo, twice:

      Greetings. Thomas here, retyping all of this because Yahoo sucks.

      I don't know what's up with my email. I'm still getting plenty, but
      not all, apparently. My e-ddress is still thomas (at) meerkatmeade
      (dot) com -- I'm not planning on changing it anytime soon.... See More

      Our page about "Fridays at Ten" may be found here:

      http://www.readersadvice.com/costumes/tz.html

      We used to have a more detailed page, but I can't find it right at the
      moment.

      The cast was: Amanda Allen as "To Serve Man" victim (with book),
      Michael Atkinson as Anthony (kid from "It's a Good Life"), Thomas
      Atkinson as pig-faced doctor, Dan "Renfield" Corcoran as Rod Serling,
      Deborah Feaster as Janet Tyler (patient from "Beauty is in the Eye of
      the Beholder), Jeannette Holloman as "To Serve Man" victim, Sharon
      Landrum as Talky Tina, Ric Rader as Kanamit ("To Serve Man" alien),
      Ron Robinson as Henry Bemis (Burgess Meredith from "Time Enough At
      Last), Don Sakers as Erich Streator (Talky Tina's victim), Ann
      Stephens (now Ann Hamilton) as pig-faced nurse, and June Swords as
      "The Invaders" victim.

      Hope this helps! And thanks, everybody, for y'all's continued
      interest. "Fridays at Ten" is very dear to my heart.

      -- Thomas

      On Dec 7, 2009, at 11:19 AM, Martin Gear wrote:

      My email to Thomas asking for ID's bounced. If someone has a current
      email for him, you can try sending the pictures to him for ID's. So far
      as I can tell, he is the only person that we haven't ID'd.
      Marty

      Betsy Delaney wrote:

      > Oops!
      >
      > You're right. Then it must be Thomas.
      >
      > I forget who from the presentation might be on this mailing list.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Betsy
      >
      > rookwoods wrote:
      > >

      > > Does Thomas have a brother? dunno. I believe it was his young
      nephew
      > who
      > > played the kid.
      > >
      > > -Judy Mitchell
      >
      > --
      > --
      > Betsy Marks Delaney
      >
      > http://www.hawkeswood.com/ <http://www.hawkeswood.com/>

    • Nora & Bruce Mai
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 7, 2009
        Thanks folks! You saved me from some embarrassing mistakes on my next
        project. Plus, we can update the Gallery.

        Bruce

        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 8, 2009
          At 06:04 PM 12/7/2009, you wrote:

          Great. We had to make some guesses between time (8 years ago) and makeup.

          Now we need details of the cast and "entry number" from the
          Costume-Con 1898 group at CC27.

          >Here's what I tried to post to Yahoo, twice:
          >
          >Greetings. Thomas here, retyping all of this because Yahoo sucks.
          >
          >I don't know what's up with my email. I'm still getting plenty, but
          >not all, apparently. My e-ddress is still thomas (at) meerkatmeade
          >(dot) com -- I'm not planning on changing it anytime soon.... See More
          >
          >Our page about "Fridays at Ten" may be found here:
          >
          >http://www.readersadvice.com/costumes/tz.html
          >
          >We used to have a more detailed page, but I can't find it right at the
          >moment.
          >
          >The cast was: Amanda Allen as "To Serve Man" victim (with book),
          >Michael Atkinson as Anthony (kid from "It's a Good Life"), Thomas
          >Atkinson as pig-faced doctor, Dan "Renfield" Corcoran as Rod Serling,
          >Deborah Feaster as Janet Tyler (patient from "Beauty is in the Eye of
          >the Beholder), Jeannette Holloman as "To Serve Man" victim, Sharon
          >Landrum as Talky Tina, Ric Rader as Kanamit ("To Serve Man" alien),
          >Ron Robinson as Henry Bemis (Burgess Meredith from "Time Enough At
          >Last), Don Sakers as Erich Streator (Talky Tina's victim), Ann
          >Stephens (now Ann Hamilton) as pig-faced nurse, and June Swords as
          >"The Invaders" victim.
          >
          >Hope this helps! And thanks, everybody, for y'all's continued
          >interest. "Fridays at Ten" is very dear to my heart.
          >
          >-- Thomas
          >
          >On Dec 7, 2009, at 11:19 AM, Martin Gear wrote:
          >
          >My email to Thomas asking for ID's bounced. If someone has a current
          >email for him, you can try sending the pictures to him for ID's. So far
          >as I can tell, he is the only person that we haven't ID'd.
          >Marty
          >
          >Betsy Delaney wrote:
          > >

          > > Oops!
          > >
          > > You're right. Then it must be Thomas.
          > >
          > > I forget who from the presentation might be on this mailing list.
          > >
          > > Cheers,
          > >
          > > Betsy

          "Those Who Fail to Learn History
          Why They Are Simply Doomed."

          -- C. Y. 4971

          Andromeda
        • rookwoods
          Message 4 of 18 , Dec 9, 2009
            Let's see: our 'official' entry numbers I think were 45, 46 & 47 -whatever the last 3 entries of the masq were. within the entry:

            Dan (Renfield) Corcoran was the MC, Marvin Bryant was the photographer. Entry #1 Starfleet & Borg was Ron Robinson & D Jeannette Holloway. Entry #2 the Snow Queen was Deborah Sears. Entry #3 Dumbledore's Dames was Ann Hamilton (McGonigle), Judy Mitchell (Sprout) & Ric Rader (Dumbledore). Entry #4 the Snow Queens were Sharon Landrum & Faith Baker. "Entry #5 got scratched. badly." Ninja w/droid was Lisa Adler-Golden. Entry #6 Star Wars was Maura Scharadin (Leia) and Thomas Atkinson (Darth Vader). Entry #7 the Snow Queen was June Swords. Entry #8 Lord of the Rings was Marianne Pease (Eowyn) and Erik Bray (Legolas). Entry #9 the Snow Queen was Don Sakers. Additional construction by Kathy Bryant and Mary Denise Smith.

            That help? Flashbacks?

            -Judy Mitchell

            Message 5 of 18 , Dec 10, 2009
              At 12:06 PM 12/9/2009, you wrote:

              The breakdown of participants is great! Thanks. Howerver I would like
              a bit more info. Let me be a bit clearer of what I was looking for.
              The "official" entry numbers were 43, 44 and 45. What we would like
              to know is which "internal" numbers (that is Entries 1 through 9)
              belong to the actual entry numbers. (For instance are Entry 1, 2 and
              3 in entry 43 and so forth.)

              Thanks

              Pierre

              Message 6 of 18 , Dec 11, 2009
                I gave you the only entry numbers we had ('official' and within our presentation), there is no answer to your question. We were told to submit 3 registration pages to cover the length of time we needed (no time extensions), the judges would be informed that it was all one item. That's why it was announced as all 3 entries- there is no division. If you feel you must, you can simply divide up evenly anywhere you want but it's as artificial as using 3 reg pages. As far as we were concerned it was 1 entry of 17 people. Besides, our MC, photograph and ninja weren't part of any internal 'entry #'.

                Message 7 of 18 , Dec 12, 2009
                  At 07:50 AM 12/11/2009, you wrote:
                  I must only because of the format of the lists I keep. I'll just
                  arbitrarily assign three internal numbers to each external number.

                  Thanks

                  Message 8 of 18 , Dec 13, 2009
                    lol! whatever works easiest for you! I suspect what I did was: 17 people divided by 3 entry forms: so I put (in order of appearance) 5 names on one sheet, 6 on the next and 6 on the last - or some fashion thereof. I likely tried to keep the groups together if I could. Again, mostly arbitrary and simply for paperwork. However you feel you need to do it I'm sure will be fine.