Fw: Recreated Embroidery

  • Bubblemum
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2009
      Subject: Recreated Embroidery

      The re-creation of a 17th-century woman's jacket at Plimoth Plantation
      is almost complete!
      Here are two links; the first is the original blog:
      http://www.plimoth.org/embroidery-blog/
      and recently, a new blog took up the story: http://thistle-threads.com/blog/
      I must confess, I haven't been following lately and came across this
      blog post which has marvelous photos of the progress:
      http://needleprint.blogspot.com/2009/05/plimoth-jacket-wonder-of-present-day.html

      What a grand story! So disappointing to know that it couldn't be exhibited at its "home".

    • Alix Jordan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2009
        Dear JoAnn:

        > The re-creation of a 17th-century woman's jacket at Plimoth Plantation
        > is almost complete!

        Thanks. I've got an article on the search to re-create the special threads used during the Jacobean period, so that the work could begin. It's in an issue of "Sampler & Antique Needlework Quarterly", two issues ago, I think. It's the magazine that got me interested in the old stitches and the very old style of doing samplers...as if I needed another type of needlework....

        Peace

        Alixandra

        eddanatobias@...