Quilt awards

  • Lisa A Ashton
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2009
      Here Are the Quilt Contest winners:

      Best Non-Traditional Quilt: "Snow Bound" Jacqui Ward
      Best Recycled and Traditional Pieced Quilt: "The Shirt Off His Back"
      Vicki Warren
      We Hate You We Hate You We Hate You Award for Technical Proficency and
      Amazing Draftsmanship: "The Hedge Maze" Roger Murray
      Bobby Gear Memorial Quilt Award: "Windows on Costume Con" Jacqui Ward
      Best In Show/Best Body of Work/ How are we supposed to choose between
      these 4 amazing quilts?: Diane Kovalcin
      I would also like to thank ALL of our quilters who entered. It was
      tremendously gratifying that, knowing how busy you all were putting
      together complex competition and hall costumes, and preparing for your
      panels, workshops and demos, that you still took the time to make an
      extra something, to honor one of ours in this way. Bobby would have been
      moved to tears, I know--and also very proud of you. I know that for
      some, it was a first quilt attempt. It was a lovely display, and is
      being put into a slide who as we speak!!

      Look forward to seeing at least some of you at Worldcon, and thank you
      again for a marvelous exhibit/contest. Thanks also to JoAnn Abbott, who
      stepped in almost at the last moment to judge our entries. There was an
      award for the Best in Show entry, generously donated by Vicki Warren.
      It's my fault that I forgot to bring it to hte con (I probably would have
      forgotten to give it to the winner), but it will be mailed soon.

      Yours in costuming, Lisa a>