Re: Street Costumes

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2009
      Anne,

      At least in Anticipation's case, many of the hotels are connected to
      the convention center by a "Habitrail" (underground tunnels). So at
      least you don't have the "outdoor" issue if you're in one of them. I
      think there's a map if you follow the links thru the facilities page
      onto the full site for the convention center.

      We made our reservations this morning and got a room (actually, a
      suite) at the La Tour. It was cheaper than some of the regular rooms
      at other hotels.

      P & S

      At 09:41 AM 1/31/2009, you wrote:

      >I was just making my hotel reservations for Anticipation (the Housing
      >Bureau info is up on their web page now -
      ><http://www.anticipationsf.ca/pub/additional/hotel_map_eng.php>http://www.anticipationsf.ca/pub/additional/hotel_map_eng.php
      >- the web
      >page worked fine and their office hours are Mon-Fri) and I was reminded
      >again that, like Denver, nothing is close to the Convention Center.
      >
      >Now, I like to wear hall costumes at conventions. I don't know if I'd
      >want to go if I couldn't wear funny clothes. :) And I consider it an
      >extra challenge to make something that is comfortable all day and can be
      >tossed in the wash when needed. But now it seems that I don't just have
      >to plan for indoor all-day wear with an other-worldly look, I have to
      >plan for indoor/outdoor all-day wear as well. What does that mean?
      >Accessories. <g> Wearable shoes, hats, bags and backpacks, umbrellas,
      >outer coverings that can be conveniently taken off and carried indoors,
      >and everything has to match.
      >
      >--

      >The United States is a secular nation.
      >-- Anne Davenport <mailto:kjaneway%40earthlink.net>kjaneway@...

      "Those Who Fail to Learn History
      Why They Are Simply Doomed."

      -- C. Y. 4971

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2009
        The Intercontinental and the Embassy Suites are across the street from the Palais.

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 4, 2009
          Tunnels? I missed that somehow. Thanks for mentioning that. I just
          tried the web page, but the map wasn't working. I'm in the LaTour as
          well. They had the better price for their location.

          -- Anne Davenport kjaneway@...