Medieval Costuming Lecture

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2008
      Robin Netherton Lectures at Miami University (Oxford, Ohio)

      For those who might be interested.

      I am pleased to announce that on October 11th, 2008, the Medieval
      Society of
      Miami University (Oxford, Ohio) will be welcoming Robin Netherton to the
      campus. She will be speaking on Medieval costuming and dress.

      Robin Netherton is an internationally known researcher and lecturer of
      medieval dress history and co-editor of the journal Medieval Clothing
      and
      Textiles

      http://www.oxbowbooks.com/bookinfo.cfm/ID/43004?/Location/Oxbow
      <http://www.oxbowbooks.com/bookinfo.cfm/ID/43004?/Location/Oxbow>

      Robin will be presenting 5 lectures that day, lasting from 9:00 am until
      5:30 pm:

      - The Gothic Fitted Dress

      - The Greenland Gored Gown

      - Will the Real Sideless Surcote Please Stand Up?

      - The Fifteenth-Century V-Neck Gown

      - When Medieval Meets Victorian: The Roots of Modern Costume Sources

      Admission for this event is only $15.00. We are asking attendees pre-reg
      for
      this event.

      Information on Robin, the lectures, and pre-registration is available on
      the
      event website: http://www.greneboke.com/robinnetherton.shtml
      <http://www.greneboke.com/robinnetherton.shtml>

      Please forward this notice to any group that may be interested!