Re: shake, rattle and roll, costume college?

  • Cat Devereaux
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2008
      --- In ICG-D@yahoogroups.com, "jkirley2001" <Dressmup@...> wrote:

      > For we residents from far away who are planning to visit Van Nuys, CA
      > in the very near future, can someone affiliated with Costume College
      > 2008 fill us in on what's happening with the earthquake? Is this
      > years' College affected?

      I'm not affilated with Costume College... but this barely counts as a
      quake... this was just practice.... ya know the kind where the natives
      laught at the new folks... but still strong enough that maybe about
      half sought doorways.

      Anyway, Costume College is at the opposit end. If you look on a freway
      map... Costume College is NW of the 101/405. The one and only place
      they even closed a ramp was all the way down south and east... a county
      or two over (depending on how you count stuff in that area.

      Here's a map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?
      ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=117631292961056724014.0004532e13c4a4ede9c08&t=p
      &ll=33.9585,-117.7521&spn=0.012459,0.018239&z=9&source=embed

      Van Nuys isn't even on that map. You can see a label for Alhambra...
      and the only thing that fell there was two paperbacks off a stack that
      was like a foot and a half high waiting to be filed. There will be
      shelf dammage on top of the quake, and a few thinkgs fall/break
      elsewhere... but you just go w/ the flow. I was out a lot closer to
      the epicenter for dinner, and a lot of folks were out... more in a
      party mood. (Californians are VERY casual about their quakes, though
      there will be a run on batteries and misc suplies in the next week....
      this quake was just PRACTICE.)

      Oh... and to add costume content to this... ran by FIDM real quickly
      to see the opening of their Emmy costume display. Everything stayed up
      just fine... and they even though it was curious that I called to
      confirm they were still open. (They're in downtown LA.)

      -Cat-