shake, rattle and roll, costume college?

  • jkirley2001
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2008
      For we residents from far away who are planning to visit Van Nuys, CA
      in the very near future, can someone affiliated with Costume College
      2008 fill us in on what's happening with the earthquake? Is this
      years' College affected?

      JoAnne Kirley
      Regency Corset Workshop Instructor CC08
    • McClure, Kate (DEX-BLV)
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 29, 2008
        The latest from King 5:

        http://tinyurl.com/5uqbyh

        Kate McClure
        Wishing she could go to Costume College, quake or no quake!
        -----------------------------------

        For we residents from far away who are planning to visit Van Nuys, CA
        in the very near future, can someone affiliated with Costume College
        2008 fill us in on what's happening with the earthquake? Is this
        years' College affected?

        JoAnne Kirley
        Regency Corset Workshop Instructor CC08

      • Cat Devereaux
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 29, 2008
          --- In ICG-D@yahoogroups.com, "jkirley2001" <Dressmup@...> wrote:

          > For we residents from far away who are planning to visit Van Nuys, CA
          > in the very near future, can someone affiliated with Costume College
          > 2008 fill us in on what's happening with the earthquake? Is this
          > years' College affected?

          I'm not affilated with Costume College... but this barely counts as a
          quake... this was just practice.... ya know the kind where the natives
          laught at the new folks... but still strong enough that maybe about
          half sought doorways.

          Anyway, Costume College is at the opposit end. If you look on a freway
          map... Costume College is NW of the 101/405. The one and only place
          they even closed a ramp was all the way down south and east... a county
          or two over (depending on how you count stuff in that area.

          Here's a map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?
          ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=117631292961056724014.0004532e13c4a4ede9c08&t=p
          &ll=33.9585,-117.7521&spn=0.012459,0.018239&z=9&source=embed

          Van Nuys isn't even on that map. You can see a label for Alhambra...
          and the only thing that fell there was two paperbacks off a stack that
          was like a foot and a half high waiting to be filed. There will be
          shelf dammage on top of the quake, and a few thinkgs fall/break
          elsewhere... but you just go w/ the flow. I was out a lot closer to
          the epicenter for dinner, and a lot of folks were out... more in a
          party mood. (Californians are VERY casual about their quakes, though
          there will be a run on batteries and misc suplies in the next week....
          this quake was just PRACTICE.)

          Oh... and to add costume content to this... ran by FIDM real quickly
          to see the opening of their Emmy costume display. Everything stayed up
          just fine... and they even though it was curious that I called to
          confirm they were still open. (They're in downtown LA.)

          -Cat-