OT: Vital Statistics Update

  • Kevin Roche
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 26, 2008
      Apologies if you see this in more than one place, but I know some of you
      will want to hear about it, and many of you do not use LiveJournal.

      Andy and I were legally wed on Monday night at meeting 934 of the Bay
      Area Science Fiction Association.
      We had the big hoopla 3 years ago with both families in attendance; this
      was to establish our legal married status.

      Kevin Standlee posted video of the (very very short) civil ceremony; I
      have linked to it in this post in my LiveJournal:
      http://kproche.livejournal.com/166765.html

      Andy has posted an image of our official California marriage certificate
      in his LiveJournal:
      http://bovil.livejournal.com/380504.html

      Kevin
    • Katherine Daida
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 26, 2008
        Well congratulations on your now official status! It's about time in this modern age that we look past other things and call love and commitment the most important parts of a relationship.Katt

        To: chair@...: kevin@...: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:27:56 -0700Subject: [ICG-D] OT: Vital Statistics Update

        Apologies if you see this in more than one place, but I know some of you will want to hear about it, and many of you do not use LiveJournal.Andy and I were legally wed on Monday night at meeting 934 of the Bay Area Science Fiction Association.We had the big hoopla 3 years ago with both families in attendance; this was to establish our legal married status.Kevin Standlee posted video of the (very very short) civil ceremony; I have linked to it in this post in my LiveJournal:http://kproche.livejournal.com/166765.htmlAndy has posted an image of our official California marriage certificate in his LiveJournal:http://bovil.livejournal.com/380504.htmlKevin

      • Martin Gear
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 26, 2008
          Congratulations to you both!

          Marty

          Kevin Roche wrote:

          > Apologies if you see this in more than one place, but I know some of you
          > will want to hear about it, and many of you do not use LiveJournal.
          >
          > Andy and I were legally wed on Monday night at meeting 934 of the Bay
          > Area Science Fiction Association.
          > We had the big hoopla 3 years ago with both families in attendance; this
          > was to establish our legal married status.
          >
          > Kevin Standlee posted video of the (very very short) civil ceremony; I
          > have linked to it in this post in my LiveJournal:
          > http://kproche.livejournal.com/166765.html
          > <http://kproche.livejournal.com/166765.html>
          >
          > Andy has posted an image of our official California marriage certificate
          > in his LiveJournal:
          > http://bovil.livejournal.com/380504.html
          > <http://bovil.livejournal.com/380504.html>
          >
          > Kevin

        • Eugenia
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 26, 2008
            Mazel Tov.

            --- In ICG-D@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Roche <kevin@...> wrote:

            > Apologies if you see this in more than one place, but I know some
            of you
            > will want to hear about it, and many of you do not use LiveJournal.
            >
            > Andy and I were legally wed on Monday night at meeting 934 of the
            Bay
            > Area Science Fiction Association.
            > We had the big hoopla 3 years ago with both families in attendance;
            this
            > was to establish our legal married status.
            >
            > Kevin Standlee posted video of the (very very short) civil
            ceremony; I
            > have linked to it in this post in my LiveJournal:
            > http://kproche.livejournal.com/166765.html
            >
            > Andy has posted an image of our official California marriage
            certificate
            > in his LiveJournal:
            > http://bovil.livejournal.com/380504.html
            >
            > Kevin

          • Barb Schofield
            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 26, 2008
              Congratulations to you both.

              I understand from the news that even if a future government tries to cancel this legislation that marriages already performed with not be invalidated like last time.  That was so unfair.  To California, welcome to the 21st century.

              Barb

              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 26, 2008
                Congratulations to the two of you!

                Byron and Tina

                http://kproche.livejournal.com/166765.html<http://kproche.livejournal.com/166765.html>

                Andy has posted an image of our official California marriage certificate
                in his LiveJournal:
                http://bovil.livejournal.com/380504.html<http://bovil.livejournal.com/380504.html>

                Kevin

              • Ann Catelli
                Message 7 of 18 , Jun 26, 2008
                  Best wishes to you both.

                  Ann Catelli in CT

                  --- On Thu, 6/26/08, Kevin Roche <kevin@...> wrote:

                  > Andy and I were legally wed on Monday night; this
                  > was to establish our legal married status.
                  >
                  > Kevin
                • ARD
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jun 26, 2008
                    Congratulations!

                    But that was like speed-marrying. And really you all looked a bit
                    under-dressed. Marriage is a spectacular time to over-do it. As much as
                    for a con masquerade.

                    At 09:29 PM 6/26/2008 +0000, you wrote:
                    >Apologies if you see this in more than one place, but I know some of you
                    >will want to hear about it, and many of you do not use LiveJournal.
                    >
                    >Andy and I were legally wed on Monday night at meeting 934 of the Bay
                    >Area Science Fiction Association.
                    >We had the big hoopla 3 years ago with both families in attendance; this
                    >was to establish our legal married status.
                    >
                    >Kevin Standlee posted video of the (very very short) civil ceremony; I
                    >have linked to it in this post in my LiveJournal:
                    >http://kproche.livejournal.com/166765.html

                    The United States is a secular nation.
                    -- Anne Davenport kjaneway@...
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jun 26, 2008
                      Congratulations and Best Wishes!

                      P & S

                      At 11:27 AM 6/26/2008, you wrote:

                      >Apologies if you see this in more than one place, but I know some of you
                      >will want to hear about it, and many of you do not use LiveJournal.
                      >
                      >Andy and I were legally wed on Monday night at meeting 934 of the Bay
                      >Area Science Fiction Association.
                      >We had the big hoopla 3 years ago with both families in attendance; this
                      >was to establish our legal married status.
                      >
                      >Kevin Standlee posted video of the (very very short) civil ceremony; I
                      >have linked to it in this post in my LiveJournal:
                      ><http://kproche.livejournal.com/166765.html>http://kproche.livejournal.com/166765.html
                      >
                      >Andy has posted an image of our official California marriage certificate
                      >in his LiveJournal:
                      ><http://bovil.livejournal.com/380504.html>http://bovil.livejournal.com/380504.html
                      >
                      >Kevin

                      "Those Who Fail To Learn History
                      Why They Are Simply Doomed.

                      -- C.Y. 4971

                      Andromeda
                    • Andrew Trembley
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jun 26, 2008
                        ARD wrote:
                        > Congratulations!
                        >
                        > But that was like speed-marrying. And really you all looked a bit
                        > under-dressed. Marriage is a spectacular time to over-do it. As much as
                        > for a con masquerade.

                        We over-did it three years ago. This was just the legal formality.

                        andy
                      • Ricky & Karen Dick
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jun 26, 2008
                          Many, many congratualtions!

                          --Karen

                          Message 12 of 18 , Jun 26, 2008

                            --

                            Steve Swope (aka phierma@...)
                          • Käthe Barrows
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jun 27, 2008
                              > We over-did it three years ago. This was just the legal formality.

                              Yeah, I thought you two had been married longer than that.

                              --
                              Carolyn Kayta Barrows
                              --

                            • Lisa A Ashton
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jun 27, 2008
                                Congratulations and many happy returns.

                                Yours in costuming, Lisa A.
                              • randwhit@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jun 27, 2008
                                  I was on vacation visiting family when the news of the California court
                                  decision hit the news.

                                  I said to my sister, "I bet Kevin and Andy go for it."

                                  Sure enough. . . .

                                  Congrats guys!

                                  Randall

                                • Puppetmaker
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jun 27, 2008
                                    Congratulations to you both and many years of happiness to go with the
                                    years you have had together so far.

                                    Kath the Puppeteer
                                  • Talethea4@aol.com
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jun 27, 2008
                                      CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Couldn't happen to a nicer couple. May you both live
                                      long and prosper in love and contentment.

                                      Toni

                                      _http://kproche.http://kprochttp://kprohttp_

                                      _http://bovil.http://bovilhttp://bovihttp_

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Jun 29, 2008
                                        I have a friend, a straight woman, who has been living with her boyfriend
                                        for a few years, unmarried, because she didn't think it was fair that she
                                        could get married when non-straight couples couldn't. The new CA law came
                                        in, and she immediately started making wedding plans.