Fashion in Film

  • Bruno
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2008
      This Summer (maybe opening June 6, no dates on the website) the Sangre
      de Cristo Arts Center in Pueblo, CO will be hosting the following
      exhibit. If anyone happens to be in the area.

      Bruno

      -------------------------

      http://www.sdc-arts.org/summer08.html

      Fashion in Film

      Titanic. Pride and Prejudice. Evita. Out of Africa. Gosford Park.
      Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom . Created for beautiful films by
      award-winning directors and filmmakers, and elegantly worn by the
      likes of Madonna, Anjelica Huston, Drew Barrymore and Gwyneth Paltrow,
      this exquisite selection of costumes comes from a stock of nearly
      100,000 costumes and accessories made by the renowned British
      costumer, Cosprop. Founded in 1965, Cosprop specializes in creating
      costumes for film, television and theater pieces set in the period
      1700 to 1960.

      Having mostly been made for film adaptation of classical novels, the
      costumes in this exhibition closely follow original models in the cut
      and materials used. Their high quality and authenticity derive from
      the period-drama-in-films made in recent years under directors such as
      James Ivory, Jane Campion and Ang Lee. The 36 costumes selected for
      this exhibition are accompanied by black and white stills and film
      posters.
    • Cat Devereaux
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2008
        Here's the whole list for Fashion in Film
        http://www.tme.org/Exhibition%20Fashion%20in%20Film.htm . That exhibit
        is making a nice tour of the country.

        Some places allow photos, some don't.

        In general... a good site to book mark for exhibits is Maggie's
        http://www.costumersguide.com/ . Her front page will have pics from
        exhibts all over, and she's got a larger archive off her exhibit tab.

        -Cat-
      • CC2010Milw@cs.com
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2008
          Cat,
          Cool Site! Thanks!
          Speaking of movie costumes, I found out that a perennial favorite
          milliner of mine, Clearwater Hats, http://www.clearwaterhats.com/, made the hats
          for 3:10 To Yuma, which came out last year. Kay even mentioned that the
          sheriff's hat at the end is more a 1920's style!
          I am watching the movie again to see if any of that hats pop out at
          me! Like I need more hats!

          Henry Osier
          Chief Spy
          Costume-Con 28 in Milwaukee in 2010
          www.CC28.org
          View the latest Intell: http://agent-milw.livejournal.com/
          Questions?: http://community.livejournal.com/costume_con_28/

        • Betsy Delaney
          Message 4 of 4 , May 3, 2008
            Thanks, Cat!

            That tells me I don't have to break my neck getting to Pueblo. The
            exhibit will be gone before I get there, and I already saw it when it
            was in Delaware!

            If it comes your way, don't miss it. The costumes are amazing to look
            at. (Details details details!!!)

            Cheers,

            Betsy