face painting

  • Alix Jordan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2008
      Dear Kate:

      Since we're on the subject of dolls, I was wondering if anyone had any experience adding paint to the face of a porcelain one.

      The easiest way to paint a porcelain doll is to go to a cermaics shop that has classes. They should carry a number of pre-mixed flesh tones in acrylic. Getting one to exactly match the doll will be hard because of dye lots and the like. It might be easier to paint the entire face, avoiding the eyes, unless you are good a painting eyes. I'm not, which is my most of my dolls and only one of my ceramics had the eyes painted on them, and one of the reasons that most of my ceramics are not done realistically...unless, I managed to get Linda to agree, in advance, to paint the eyes.
      Oh, and if you don't have a source near you, try Sisters And Daughters, on the net. They sell all kinds of dollmaking supplies, including, I believe, face paints for some of the kits they sell.

      Peace
      Alixandra
      effiejean@...