Re: [ICG-D] Future Fashion Foglio with Membership?

  • Kevin Roche, CC26 Convention Chair
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 31, 2008
      Everyone with a Supporting or Attending Weekend membership gets a copy
      of the Folio.
      Some households let us consolidate (send only one copy when multiple
      members existed at the address), but everybody gets one.

      We'll keep mailing them in batches until the first printing runs out. We
      then have to figure out how large a second printing to do.

      If someone joins too late for us to mail their Folio in a timely fashion
      [sic] before the convention, they may pick it up at the convention.

      How's that sound?

      Kevin

      McClure, Kate (DEX-BLV) wrote:
      > Hello!
      >
      > I sent my membership in for CC26 a bit late, and was wondering if I
      > would be getting a copy of the FFF? I know I likely won't be able to
      > make anything out of it at this point, but I do love looking at the
      > designs.

    • John Francini
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 1, 2008
        Foglio? Is Phil Foglio involved in the ICG now? ;-)

        Sorry, couldn't resist...

        john

        On 31 Jan 2008, at 20:52, McClure, Kate (DEX-BLV) wrote:

        > Hello!
        >
        > I sent my membership in for CC26 a bit late, and was wondering if I
        > would be getting a copy of the FFF? I know I likely won't be able to
        > make anything out of it at this point, but I do love looking at the
        > designs.
        >
        > Kate McClure
        > I don't need anyone to blow out another woman's candle to make mine
        > burn
        > brighter.
        > - serene_orange <http://serene-orange.livejournal.com/> from
        > LiveJournal

      • McClure, Kate (DEX-BLV)
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 1, 2008
          Foglio? Is Phil Foglio involved in the ICG now? ;-)

          Sorry, couldn't resist...

          john
          --------------------
          *snicker*

          I wondered if anyone would catch that. You gets a cookie!

          Kate McClure
          Foglio Fiend

        • Bubblemum
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 1, 2008
            Foglio? Is Phil Foglio involved in the ICG now? ;-)

            Sorry, couldn't resist...

            john

            Well, >I< have been pretty inspired by his girl genius outfits...

            JoAnn

            Recent Activity
            a.. 2New Members
            Visit Your Group
            Star Wars on Y!
            Discover new content

            Connect with other

            fans & upload video.

            Sitebuilder
            Build a web site

            quickly & easily

            with Sitebuilder.

            Yahoo! Groups
            Women of Curves

            Discuss food, fitness

            and weight loss.
            .

          • Dany
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 1, 2008
              I caught it bit it was right before leaving for work. Trust me, I had a lot of exposure from my last roommate around CC23 :)

              Dany
              -saw the BFG being built

              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 1, 2008
                I *tried* to get Phil and Kaja to submit something for the FFF, but
                they're a bit distracted by all the design work they do, you know, for a
                living... :-)

                On the other hand, there *are* two designs by Hugo-award-winning artist
                Frank Wu in our Folio.

                Kevin

                John Francini wrote:
                > Foglio? Is Phil Foglio involved in the ICG now? ;-)
                >
                > Sorry, couldn't resist...
                >
                > john

              • Dana MacDermott
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 1, 2008
                  You still could make something from the Folio. We are still seeing
                  reservation requests come in, there is the single pattern competition
                  (well, actually there are three patterns). Some of the designs are
                  being made for dolls, and will be part of the runway event.

                  Let me see what I can do about the problem with the Folios.
                  Dana
                  Director FFS

                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 1, 2008
                    You still could make something from the Folio. We are still seeing
                    reservation requests come in, there is the single pattern competition

                    That would be nifty!

                    Let me see what I can do about the problem with the Folios.
                    Dana
                    Director FFS

                    Thanks! I appreciate the effort on my behalf.
                    Kate McClure
                    Anything can be improved with a solid maniacal laugh.
                    - M.E.

                  • Kevin Roche, CC26 Convention Chair
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 1, 2008
                      Let me be clear: WE HAVE NOT RUN OUT OF FOLIOS.

                      Because some households allowed us to send single copies to multiple
                      members, we had, at last count, nearly 100 still in inventory.

                      Linda W., our registrar, processes the new mailings in batches, since
                      she has to visit the post office in person to do the mailing, and, like
                      most of us, she has a day job. If you haven't received your Folio yet
                      and you completed your registration more than a couple weeks ago, drop a
                      note to registration@... and she'll take care of it.

                      Kevin

                      McClure, Kate (DEX-BLV) wrote:
                      > You still could make something from the Folio. We are still seeing
                      > reservation requests come in, there is the single pattern competition
                      >
                      > That would be nifty!
                      >
                      > Let me see what I can do about the problem with the Folios.
                      > Dana
                      > Director FFS
                      >
                      > Thanks! I appreciate the effort on my behalf.
                      > Kate McClure
                      > Anything can be improved with a solid maniacal laugh.
                      > - M.E.

                    • Barb Schofield
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 1, 2008
                        Glad to hear this. I enjoy reading them even if I can't attend the conventions.

                        Barb