Re: [SPAM][ICG-D] RE: Sweeney Todd

  • Puppetmaker
    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 4, 2008
      And one Sweeny that keeps Killing and Killing but Mrs. Lovette keeps on going.
      Hmmmmmmm.....
      kath the Puppeteer

    • CC2010Milw@cs.com
      Message 2 of 21 , Jan 4, 2008
        Posted by: "Dany" dany@... alariahdevonwood

        Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:46 pm (PST) How many of Helena's outfits? :-)

        Dany

        -has her eye on one particular one

        That one with the purple and the beads? I am fond of Mr. Todd's jacket when
        he enters London, his Bathing Suit, and Alan Rickman's gold broadfalls.

        I also want a Sweeney Todd Razor!

        Henry Osier
        Chief Spy
        Costume-Con 28 in Milwaukee in 2010
        www.CC28.org
        View the latest Intell: http://agent-milw.livejournal.com/
        Questions?: http://community.livejournal.com/costume_con_28/

      • Ann Catelli
        Message 3 of 21 , Jan 4, 2008
          Bathing? Seaside?

          Man, they must have changed the living daylights out
          of Sweeney Todd.

          I was lucky enough to see the recent revival in NYC,
          where the cast was also the orchestra, and it was
          fabulous, and very stylized, as the script was
          designed in the first place.
          The revival retained the 'all the lights go red' when
          Sweeney Todd cuts another throat.
          Also got to study the script in college in a theater
          course.

          Ann in CT

          Be a better friend, newshound, and
          Message 4 of 21 , Jan 4, 2008
            Many of you may know or remember Megan Bouchard. She's from the
            Michigan area. Back in '98 she competed the Menopause Fairy at
            Worldcon. At CC 25 she did Batty Aunt Dotty and Mama Muumuu.

            We recently heard from her husband Alex that Megan is not doing well.
            She has had many health issues over the years, but things appear to
            be coming to a head. Her heart is very weak and she is largely on
            total bed rest.

            Megan is tough. In '98 her doctors told her she would not live out
            the year. She came to Baltimore and competed Menopause Fairy as a
            protest to her doctor's statements and she definitely lived out the
            year. She could still beat the odds again.

            I'm sure she would like to hear from her friends. Filter messages
            through Alex's e-mail so he can gauge her current health before
            passing them on.

            ajlbouchard@...

            Pierre and Sandy

            "Those Who Fail To Learn History
            Why They Are Simply Doomed.

            -- C.Y. 4971

            Andromeda
          • Andrew T Trembley
            Message 5 of 21 , Jan 4, 2008
              On Jan 4, 2008, at 3:05 PM, Ann Catelli wrote:
              > Bathing? Seaside?

              Fantasy scene... "By the Sea" fantasy.

              andy
              Message 6 of 21 , Jan 4, 2008
                I just said I want it - doesn't mean I'm going to make it - too many
                other projects on the plate for the next couple of years....Seems
                like the next 3 or 4 costumes need full underpinnings as well as the
                outer layers, and of course none of them are the same silhouette! :-(

                Sandy

                At 08:56 AM 1/4/2008, you wrote:

                >Haven't quite decided. The Red & White was on my mind, but I wanted to see
                >things a little closer before I made any final decisions.
                >
                >That, and if possible, was kind of hoping not to be one of fifty dozen of
                >the same outfit ;D

              • Dany
                Message 7 of 21 , Jan 5, 2008
                  Ah, but do you think they'll have to have electrical wire? :D

                  Just imagine. a petticoat that has to have actual circuitry for some reason!

                  Dany

                  -kinda drooling

                  _____

                  At 08:56 AM 1/4/2008, you wrote:

                  >Haven't quite decided. The Red & White was on my mind, but I wanted to see
                  >things a little closer before I made any final decisions.
                  >
                  >That, and if possible, was kind of hoping not to be one of fifty dozen of
                  >the same outfit ;D
                  >
                  >From: <mailto:ICG-D%40yahoogroups.com>ICG-D@yahoogroups.
                  <mailto:ICG-D%40yahoogroups.com> com
                  Of
                  >Pierre & Sandy Pettinger
                  >Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2008 9:10 PM
                  >To: <mailto:ICG-D%40yahoogroups.com>ICG-D@yahoogroups.
                  <mailto:ICG-D%40yahoogroups.com> com
                  >Subject: [SPAM][ICG-D] RE: Sweeney Todd
                  >
                  >Which one?
                  >
                  >I want the red and white striped one (walking along the dock....).
                  >
                  >Sandy

                  "Those Who Fail To Learn History
                  Why They Are Simply Doomed.

                  -- C.Y. 4971

                • Bubblemum
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jan 5, 2008
                    ...and of course none of them are the same silhouette! :-(

                    How come movies can never seem to make costumes from time periods I love which are worn by people larger than a size four...NOT fair. I like Helena B Carter, but I would have been happier with a fatter Mrs Lovet, at least from a costuming standpoint. Because even with all the underpinnings, my silhouette is still gonna be pretty round...

                    JoAnn in VA

                  • Ann Catelli
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jan 5, 2008
                      --- Pierre & Sandy Pettinger <costumrs@...>
                      wrote:

                      > Seems like the next 3 or 4 costumes need full
                      > underpinnings as well as the
                      > outer layers, and of course none of them are the
                      > same silhouette! :-(
                      >
                      > Sandy

                      That may be a rule up there with 'blood & cat hair.'

                      Ann in CT

                      Be a better friend, newshound, and
                    • Barb Schofield
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jan 5, 2008
                        Helena B Carter said in a TV interview that as she was pregnant during parts of filming, that the size of her breasts was not consistent from shot to shot, as films are never made chronologically. Has anyone noticed this variation in how her costumes fit, I haven't seen the film yet?

                        Barb

                        Bubblemum <bubblemum@...> wrote:
                        ...and of course none of them are the same silhouette! :-(

                        How come movies can never seem to make costumes from time periods I love which are worn by people larger than a size four...NOT fair. I like Helena B Carter, but I would have been happier with a fatter Mrs Lovet, at least from a costuming standpoint. Because even with all the underpinnings, my silhouette is still gonna be pretty round...

                        JoAnn in VA

                      • Toker, Sue (US SSA)
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jan 7, 2008
                          I knew she was pregnant and you could see some waistline changes, along
                          with the chest. She was a lot rounder in some scenes, especially in the
                          side views.

                          Chubbier costumers could probably make the costumes by keeping the basic
                          silhouette.

                          The movie was really good, emotionally intense but extremely dark.
                          There was lots of blood (for those who avoid such things).

                          Susan

                          _____

                          Bubblemum <bubblemum@... <mailto:bubblemum%40comcast.net> >