Re: [ICG-D] Reservations for Future Fashion Folio Designs are now open

  • Kevin Roche
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 5, 2007
      And -- congrats to Karen Heim, the first CC26 member to successfully
      recover her login info, log in, and submit a reservation via the new form!

      You may wonder why I'm trumpeting this apparently minor event?

      Because we'll be using similar techniques for masquerade
      pre-registration, tour signups, and signups for limited attendance
      workshops. The design reservation form is the first one we've
      implemented using the "members-only" feature, and, wearing my webmaster
      hat, I'm very pleased that it obviously worked for her.

      Kevin
    • Karen Heim
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 5, 2007
        Yay! I was glad it worked!

        Karen

        On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 12:37:48 -0800
        Kevin Roche <kevin@...> wrote:
        > And -- congrats to Karen Heim, the first CC26 member to
        >successfully
        > recover her login info, log in, and submit a reservation
        >via the new form!
        >
        > You may wonder why I'm trumpeting this apparently minor
        >event?
        >
        > Because we'll be using similar techniques for masquerade
        > pre-registration, tour signups, and signups for limited
        >attendance
        > workshops. The design reservation form is the first one
        >we've
        > implemented using the "members-only" feature, and,
        >wearing my webmaster
        > hat, I'm very pleased that it obviously worked for her.
        >
        > Kevin

      • Kaijugal
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 5, 2007
          We're going to have to pre-register for the masquerades? :(

          From: kevin@...

          >And -- congrats to Karen Heim, the first CC26 member to successfully
          >recover her login info, log in, and submit a reservation via the new form!

          Congrats Karen. :)

          >You may wonder why I'm trumpeting this apparently minor event?

          >Because we'll be using similar techniques for masquerade
          >pre-registration,

          Use fowl language with Chicktionary. Click here to start playing!
          http://puzzles.sympatico.msn.ca/chicktionary/index.html?icid=htmlsig
        • Kevin Roche
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 5, 2007
            Not *have to* -- You will *be able to* pre-register for the masquerades.

            One of the niceties of the web system is you don't have to re-enter your
            contact information, and if it changes you can update it yourself.
            It's also all stored on a multiply-redundantly mirrored, backed up,
            secure server at our hosting service.

            Pre-registration for the big shows makes planning easier for our show
            directors, just as buying your conference membership earlier makes it
            easier for us to plan the right size of convention.

            (The proof of this is Costume-Con 8 in Ontario, which went from 450
            pre-reg to 900 at-con. When it doubled in size at the door there weren't
            enough pubs, etc. for all the people who showed up!)

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 5, 2007
              > From: kevin@...

              > Not *have to* -- You will *be able to* pre-register for the masquerades.

              Ah! Thank you for the information Kevin. :)

              ~Dawn :)
              Read what Santa`s been up to! For all the latest, visit asksantaclaus.spaces.live.com!
              http://asksantaclaus.spaces.live.com/