Problems with Costume-Con 26 email -- you can help

  • Kevin Roche
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2007
      We've discovered over the course of the last two weeks that a number of
      Internet service providers (ISPs) have (with no notice to their
      customers) started blocking email coming from ".info" domains like
      cc26.info .

      The problem is worsened by the fact that we don't get any bounce
      messages; our email is simply discarded and the recipient never knows we
      sent them anything. We think we've responded, they never know we tried.
      We've been using the cc26.info domain as our legitimate business address
      for nearly 5 years now, so this arbitrary decision by some ISPs has
      caught us completely off guard.

      If you have been waiting for a reply from someone at cc26.info, or have
      reason to suspect you aren't getting email from us
      1) drop me a note (OFFLIST) at this email address so we can check our
      mail logs.
      2) Ask your ISP customer service/tech support if they are blocking mail
      from ".info" (dot-info) domains
      3) Ask your ISP to be sure to not block mail from cc26.info

      If you think you might be corresponding with us via email in the
      foreseeable future, you might wish to try number 2 and 3 now, so as to
      proactively ensure you will be able to receive email from us.

      Sorry to burn bandwidth on a technical issue, but we almost lost a Folio
      entry because of this problem and are hoping to prevent any further such
      incidents.

      Thanks!

      Kevin Roche
      Convention Chair, Costume-Con 26