Re: A steampunk theme park

  • CC2010Milw@cs.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 12, 2007
      Re: A steampunk theme park

      Posted by: "bruce the lesser" brucethelesser@... wyldaires

      Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:29 pm (PST) ahh, but Henry if I come up a day early is it
      worth the four hour
      drive (two up and two back) to see the Forevertron, that is the
      question?

      What else might one see on the way up or down besides Forevertron and
      the Circus if one was to make a day trip of it?

      hmmmmmm.

      bruce the lesser

      A very good question! Besides Forevertron and the Circus Museum,
      http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/circusworld/
      or
      http://www.circusworldmuseum.com/visitorcenter/index.html
      Baraboo, Wisconsin is filled with some very interesting geological
      formations. It is at the edge of where the glaciers stopped, and where there used to be
      mountains in Wisconsin.

      I would suggest that, from St. Louis, you go north on Hwy 90, instead of
      taking Hwy 43 towards Milwaukee. Proceed directly to Baraboo. On the way back,
      stop in Madison and hit State Street. Good shops! Including Sacred Feathers Hats,
      http://www.sacredfeather.com/, preferred by myself and Andy Trembly. Good
      Eats! And the Wisconsin Historical Museum,
      http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/museum/, who have some of the best historical clothing patterns, and the Wisconsin
      Veterans Museum, http://museum.dva.state.wi.us/ are both at the end of State
      St., across the street from each other, and the State Capitol building, which is
      only a few inches shorter than the one in Washington D.C., intentionally.

      Of course, once you are in Wisconsin, there are many places to buy cheese
      just off the highway. Wisconsin's second state motto is Eat Cheese Or Die!

      Henry Osier
      Chief Spy
      Costume-Con 28 in Milwaukee in 2010
      www.CC28.org
      View the latest Intell: http://agent-milw.livejournal.com/
      Questions?: http://community.livejournal.com/costume_con_28/

    • Kaijugal
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 13, 2007
        I think this is really cool. I never knew it exsisted until you posted it. ^_^

        I would be very interested in seeing it assuming
        we can fit it into our travel time/budget.
        ~Dawn / Kaijugal

        Posted by: "bruce the lesser" brucethelesser@... wyldaires Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:51 am (PST) Wow,Take a look at this.http://heart2art2heart.com/pages/theforevertron.htmlhttp://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/WIBARforever.htmlThe park is 116 miles northwest of Milwaukee. Talk about a place to have your steampunk costumes taken.Can you say early "road trip" before Henry's Spycon/CostumeCon. Good. I knew you could.bruce the lesser