Re: [ICG-D] Re: playing to a hostile crowd

  • Karen Heim
    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 10, 2007
      This was not a topic I expected him to be a snob about.

      I don't know what he was thinking. He knows I read his
      LJ. Did he really think I was going to just let that pass
      without comment?

      I'll probably see him at a party in a couple of weeks. He
      may wish to discuss the issue some more. I don't think
      so. We'll have to agree to disagree; to attempt to bridge
      the chasm would just kill the party atmosphere, and at
      least one of us would have to leave.

      Karen

    • Susan Eisenhour
      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 13, 2007
        --- In ICG-D@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Eisenhour" <sjeisenhour@...>
        wrote:

        > --- In ICG-D@yahoogroups.com, "Ricky & Karen Dick" <castleb@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Is it possible that the source of this conflict is NASFiC's
        > interpretation of what are suitable costumes for its masquerade vs.
        > Archon's interpretation, and these two cons were combined this year?
        > >
        > > I have seen plenty of stuff in the Archon masquerade that I
        wouldn't
        > classify as Science Fiction -or- fantasy, but if Archon just calls
        it
        > thair "masquerade," that's kosher. But some of the NASFiC crossover
        > attendees may not have understood that.
        > >
        > > --Karen
        > Frankly, if Cascadia con was an example of typical NASFiC
        masquerade,
        > let's keep our peculiar Archon traditions. Nothing against the
        people
        > who did enter in Seattle, but I think there were about 10 entries,
        and
        > few of those were up to Archon standards.
        > Susan

        Sorry. that was a typo. I meant there were so few entries, I was
        completely surprised. I expected a west-coast NASFiC to be much
        bigger.
        I understand many of the costumes out there were busy with other
        projects.