Costume-Con 25 Photos available!

    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 4, 2007
      Hey, all.

      We are finally ready for individual photo sales. As we mentioned our
      photographer, Kerry Gilley took about 1300 photos at CC. He set up an
      account, but since he only has a dial-up connection was having a
      terrible time trying to upload the photos. He asked me to try and we
      got them up. It did take some time, especially with Marcon
      intervening. But I finished getting them all uploaded last night.

      To order photos go to:

      www.costumecon25.smugmug.com

      4x6 photos are, I believe, 19 cents each. Postage is added, of
      course. (Other sizes are available for additional cost.)

      The site is set up with Galleries. The galleries are:

      F/SF Masquerade
      Future Fashion Show
      Historical Masquerade
      Doll Competition
      Shoe Competition
      Mousequerade
      Friday Night Social
      Friday Hall Costumes
      Saturday Hall Costumes
      Sunday Hall Costumes

      I tried this with IE, Firefox and Netscape. IE and Firefox work
      great. While I could see the home page with Netscape, if I went into
      any of the galleries none of the photos were visible. This may be my
      Netscape version since I don't use it much and haven't updated it for
      quite a while.

      Now I have a favor to ask everyone. While we have pretty complete
      information for the competitions, we don't for the Social and the
      Hall Costumes. So, we would like to ask everyone to look at the
      photos and let us know who folks are and what their costumes are
      titled. Even if we recognize you (and we do recognize a lot of you)
      we would like the titles of your costumes as well. So if you can
      identify a photo by gallery and page (and which photo on the page)
      We'd love it.

      Please don't clog up the bandwidth on the list(s). Just e-mail us directly at

      costumrs@...

      Use a good subject, like CC25 photo id or similar so if we don't
      recognize your e-mail we don't delete you.

      Thanks for your patience.

      Pierre, Sandy and Kerry

      "Those Who Fail To Learn History
      Why They Are Simply Doomed.

      -- C.Y. 4971

      Andromeda
    • Catherine Leeson
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 4, 2007
        At the convention [CC25] the photographer said he would be selling
        CD's of the photos. Is this no longer going to take place? Buying
        a CD for a flat rate can work out much more economical than ordering
        individual photos.

        Is there a way of ordering from the Smugmug site without putting
        your credit card online? After having my card number lifted twice I
        am extremely reluctant to post it on the internet.

        Cathy Leeson

        --- In ICG-D@yahoogroups.com, Pierre & Sandy Pettinger
        <costumrs@...> wrote:

        > We're still uploading pictures. Kerry had dial-up only, so as you
        > can imagine, that wouldn't do uploading without major angst. We
        > would be further along, but we've had two cons in the last two
        weeks
        > (one we were guests at) and no Internet access to speak of during
        those trips.

        > I can say that the event photos are done. Pierre will begin
        > uploading hall costume photos tomorrow (he can't sew, machine is
        in
        > the shop :-(). Even with a high-speed connection, it takes
        > time. They will be on Smugmug.com when they're done, and we'll
        send
        > out an announcement. Remember, there were over 1,300 pictures
        taken
        > at the con.
        >
        > They're coming, please be patient, pass it on!
        >
        > Sandy
        >
        > At 09:47 AM 6/2/2007, you wrote:
        > >No official galleries I'm aware of (not on the Costume-
        ConNections site,
        > >and I'm not sure what's happening with the official photographer
        at this
        > >point).
        > >
        > >-b
        > >
        > >taknflyte wrote:
        > > >And have any new photo galleries been setup by attendees (or
        from official
        > > > photog)?
        > >
        > > > JP
        >
        > "Those Who Fail To Learn History
        > Are Doomed to Repeat It;
        > Those Who Fail To Learn History Correctly --
        > Why They Are Simply Doomed.
        >
        > Achemdro'hm
        > "The Illusion of Historical Fact"
        > -- C.Y. 4971
        >
        > Andromeda

      • Bruce & Nora Mai
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 5, 2007
          I thought I had Kerry's snail contact info, but it's not handy presently. You can shoot him an email inquiry at kerry.gilley@...

          Bruce

          <costumrs@...> wrote:

          > We're still uploading pictures. Kerry had dial-up only, so as you
          > can imagine, that wouldn't do uploading without major angst. We
          > would be further along, but we've had two cons in the last two
          weeks
          > (one we were guests at) and no Internet access to speak of during
          those trips.

          > I can say that the event photos are done. Pierre will begin
          > uploading hall costume photos tomorrow (he can't sew, machine is
          in
          > the shop :-(). Even with a high-speed connection, it takes
          > time. They will be on Smugmug.com when they're done, and we'll
          send
          > out an announcement. Remember, there were over 1,300 pictures
          taken
          > at the con.
          >
          > They're coming, please be patient, pass it on!
          >
          > Sandy
          >
          > At 09:47 AM 6/2/2007, you wrote:
          > >No official galleries I'm aware of (not on the Costume-
          ConNections site,
          > >and I'm not sure what's happening with the official photographer
          at this
          > >point).
          > >
          > >-b
          > >
          > >taknflyte wrote:
          > > >And have any new photo galleries been setup by attendees (or
          from official
          > > > photog)?
          > >
          > > > JP
          >
          > "Those Who Fail To Learn History
          > Are Doomed to Repeat It;
          > Those Who Fail To Learn History Correctly --
          > Why They Are Simply Doomed.
          >
          > Achemdro'hm
          > "The Illusion of Historical Fact"
          > -- C.Y. 4971
          >
          > Andromeda

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Jeanine Swick
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 5, 2007
            Not to mention the space conserved for other things.

            Jeanine
            ^..^

            Catherine Leeson wrote:

            > At the convention [CC25] the photographer said he would be selling
            > CD's of the photos. Is this no longer going to take place? Buying
            > a CD for a flat rate can work out much more economical than ordering
            > individual photos.
            >
            > Is there a way of ordering from the Smugmug site without putting
            > your credit card online? After having my card number lifted twice I
            > am extremely reluctant to post it on the internet.
            >
            > Cathy Leeson
            >
            > --- In ICG-D@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ICG-D%40yahoogroups.com>, Pierre
            > & Sandy Pettinger
            > <costumrs@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > We're still uploading pictures. Kerry had dial-up only, so as you
            > > can imagine, that wouldn't do uploading without major angst. We
            > > would be further along, but we've had two cons in the last two
            > weeks
            > > (one we were guests at) and no Internet access to speak of during
            > those trips.
            > >
            > > I can say that the event photos are done. Pierre will begin
            > > uploading hall costume photos tomorrow (he can't sew, machine is
            > in
            > > the shop :-(). Even with a high-speed connection, it takes
            > > time. They will be on Smugmug.com when they're done, and we'll
            > send
            > > out an announcement. Remember, there were over 1,300 pictures
            > taken
            > > at the con.
            > >
            > > They're coming, please be patient, pass it on!
            > >
            > > Sandy
            > >
            > > At 09:47 AM 6/2/2007, you wrote:
            > > >No official galleries I'm aware of (not on the Costume-
            > ConNections site,
            > > >and I'm not sure what's happening with the official photographer
            > at this
            > > >point).
            > > >
            > > >-b

            > from official

            > > "Those Who Fail To Learn History
            > > Are Doomed to Repeat It;
            > > Those Who Fail To Learn History Correctly --
            > > Why They Are Simply Doomed.
            > >
            > > Achemdro'hm
            > > "The Illusion of Historical Fact"
            > > -- C.Y. 4971
            > >
            > > Andromeda

          • von_drago
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 5, 2007
              Way to go Pierre & Kerry!
              What a wealth of photos and the smugmug site is very easy to navigate.
              I ordered a few today so let's see how fast they come - my experience
              with smugmug in the past was very fast & good.

              Nora
              wrote:
              > We are finally ready for individual photo sales. As we mentioned
              our
              > photographer, Kerry Gilley took about 1300 photos at CC. He set up
              an
              > account, but since he only has a dial-up connection was having a
              > terrible time trying to upload the photos. He asked me to try and
              we
              > got them up. It did take some time, especially with Marcon
              > intervening. But I finished getting them all uploaded last night.
              >
              > To order photos go to:
              >
              > www.costumecon25.smugmug.com
              >
              > 4x6 photos are, I believe, 19 cents each. Postage is added, of
              > course. (Other sizes are available for additional cost.)
              >
              > The site is set up with Galleries. The galleries are:
              >
              > F/SF Masquerade
              > Future Fashion Show
              > Historical Masquerade
              > Doll Competition
              > Shoe Competition
              > Mousequerade
              > Friday Night Social
              > Friday Hall Costumes
              > Saturday Hall Costumes
              > Sunday Hall Costumes
              >
              > I tried this with IE, Firefox and Netscape. IE and Firefox work
              > great. While I could see the home page with Netscape, if I went
              into
              > any of the galleries none of the photos were visible. This may be
              my
              > Netscape version since I don't use it much and haven't updated it
              for
              > quite a while.
            • Lisa A Ashton
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 6, 2007
                Just wanted to say that I found the site easy to navigate, looked great,
                and it was easy to order my photos. Thanks to Kerry, who spent the
                entire weekend working very hard and getting great shots, and thanks also
                to Pierre and Sandy for getting it all up and running online.

                Yours in costuming, Lisa A>