Re: [ICG-D] Crash & Burn...

  • Ricky & Karen Dick
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4, 2007
      We're the ones with the transit fiasco on the way home.

      What should have been an easy 9.5 hours drive became a 36-hour ordeal when we discovered chunks were peeling off one of the rear tires on our borrowed hearse. After business hours, of course, in the Middle of Nowhere Ohio south of Dayton.

      So we spent the night in another Holiday Inn and then limped the 5 miles to the nearest Wal-Mart tire center, who replaced both back tires and sent us on our way.

      We're fine. The hearse is fine. The owner of the hearse has two new tires. Yay.

      Just goes to prove that no matter what hearse we're driving, Something Will Happen. (Most of our most outrageous stories begin: "So we were driving the hearse through <insert name of state or major city here>...")

      --Karen