Re: [ICG-D] Looking for Chalk-Like Font

  • Martin Gear
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2007
      Randall -
      If you don't like that, try: www.fonts.com and/or www.myfonts.com.

      They are not free, but they both have a very wide selection of
      searchable fonts at fairly reasonable prices. (Search on "Chalk")

      Marty

      randwhit@... wrote:

      > In a message dated 2/4/2007 5:59:12 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
      > kevin@... <mailto:kevin%40twistedimage.com> writes:
      >
      > "Billy Bear's Crayons" may be the one you are looking for.
      >
      > Download for free at <_http://www.billybeahttp://www.http://www.bhtt_
      > <http://www.billybeahttp://www.http://www.bhtt_>
      > (http://www.billybear4kids.com/fonts/fonts.htm
      > <http://www.billybear4kids.com/fonts/fonts.htm>) >
      >
      > I used it for the "elementary school essay winner" in our final Casa De
      > WorldCon: Hollister in 2008! bid zine.
      >
      > Kevin

    • Signe
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5, 2007
        --- In ICG-D@yahoogroups.com, randwhit@... wrote:
        > Anybody know offhand of a font that resembles a child's (or
        teacher's) chalk
        > drawings?

        Here are 2 free font sites with searchable databases that I use.
        www.1001fonts.com and www.myfont.de. The fonts are free to use for
        personal, noncommercial use. Warning! Searching for fonts at these
        sites can be a major black hole for time.
      • Bubblemum
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 5, 2007
          Great resource Kevin, thanks for posting it- really interesting fonts!

          JoAnn in VA