Randall's Memory Dysfunction and Niska Glasses

  • randwhit@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2006
      My first Costume-Con this spring was an overwhelming experience, what with
      meeting many fine folks I had only previously known by e-mail.

      Not surprisingly it has left me with a swiss cheese memory like Dr. Sam
      Beckett. My memory for names sucked already.

      For example, I had a fine conversation (I think it was on Sunday morning) in
      which someone pointed me to the 19th century historical reproduction eyeglass
      frames available from JES Townsend & company. (The villain Adlai Niska was
      wearing them in two Firefly episodes)

      I finally bought a pair and had them made up in my prescription. I'm writing
      a brief piece about them for the December Cactus Needles. Now I can't for
      the life of me remember who I was talking with!

      Would that kind lady please step forward so I can give proper credit in the
      article?

      Randall

    • bruno
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2006
        I think you mean JAS Townsend.

        http://jas-townsend.com/

        Bruno

      • Ann Catelli
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2006
          Me--Ann Catelli.

          Wearing my 19th c. repro frames from Jas. Townsend
          right now. 8)

          --- randwhit@... wrote:

          > For example, I had a fine conversation (I think it
          > was on Sunday morning) in
          > which someone pointed me to the 19th century
          > historical reproduction eyeglass
          > frames available from JES Townsend & company. (The
          > villain Adlai Niska was
          > wearing them in two Firefly episodes)
          >
          > I finally bought a pair and had them made up in my
          > prescription. I'm writing
          > a brief piece about them for the December Cactus
          > Needles. Now I can't for
          > the life of me remember who I was talking with!
          >
          > Would that kind lady please step forward so I can
          > give proper credit in the article?
          >
          > Randall

          Yahoo! Music Unlimited
          Access over 1 million songs.
          http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited
        • randwhit@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2006
            In a message dated 12/1/2006 10:33:52 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
            elvestoorder@... writes:

            Me--Ann Catelli.

            Wearing my 19th c. repro frames from Jas. Townsend
            right now. 8)

            Thanks!

            Yours was the first name that came to me, but I wanted to fact check before
            going to print.

            Randall