It's the Costumers' Holiday!

  • Talethea4@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 31, 2006
      So, what are you wearing at work/school today?

      I'm wearing SCA garb: light blue gown with dark blue Celtic knotwork stamped
      around the neck, cuffs, hem and down the front. Accessories include a dark
      blue snood and silver jewelry.

      Good Samhain! Happy Halloween!

    • Elaine Mami
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 31, 2006
        12th Century gown with sleeveless surcote, fur trimmed. Accessories include
        a garnet bracelet and ring, a large topaz ring, and antique cameo necklace
        and earrings. None of the jewelry is period, but they look great, and
        nobody here knows the difference.

        Besides, I love wearing them. So there.

        Elaine

        Nil significat nisi oscillat!

        >So, what are you wearing at work/school today?
        >
        >I'm wearing SCA garb: light blue gown with dark blue Celtic knotwork
        >stamped
        >around the neck, cuffs, hem and down the front. Accessories include a
        >dark
        >blue snood and silver jewelry.
        >
        >Good Samhain! Happy Halloween!
        >
        >Toni

        Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and more�then map the best
        route! http://local.live.com?FORM=MGA001
      • randwhit@aol.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 31, 2006
          In a message dated 10/31/2006 6:00:09 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
          Talethea4@... writes:

          So, what are you wearing at work/school today?

          _____________

          I'm wearing my tuxedo with a motorcycle helmet.

          I'm a Wedding Crasher.

          Randall

        • Susan L. Schoaps
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 31, 2006
            Alas, my agency frowns on "professional" staff dressing for the holiday. I am wearing a pair of pentacle earrings though, and my stuffed Cubicle Pig, Jamon, has on his witch's hat.

            This evening I will be wearing my changeable green/black satin 1890's era ballgown, spiderweb necklace and witch's hat (complete with dangling spider) to answer the door.

            Happy Samhain to all!

            Susan
          • VWarren360@aol.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 31, 2006
              I'm at a client site today so I limited my self to a fleece sweater in orange with a black cat and a haunted house on it and skull earrings.
              Vicki

              So, what are you wearing at work/school today?

              I'm wearing SCA garb: light blue gown with dark blue Celtic knotwork stamped
              around the neck, cuffs, hem and down the front. Accessories include a dark
              blue snood and silver jewelry.

              Good Samhain! Happy Halloween!

              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Toker, Sue (US SSA)
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 31, 2006
                So, what are you wearing at work/school today?

                I am wearing a Hogwarts school uniform and no one noticed. However I
                did find the cubicle with the guys who know how to tie full Windsor
                knots!

                Susan T.

              • Kevin Roche
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 31, 2006
                  We had our 5th annual Haunted House at the lab yesterday, where I did
                  duty as the
                  Butler/Concierge/Doorman/whatever-you-want-to-call-me-but-I'm-not-a-vampire!,
                  which meant I was dressed formally in shirt, cravat, waistcoat, trousers
                  and a completely over-the-top black-and-red brocade Kristi Smart
                  frockcoat. I realized too late I'd left my white gloves at home, but I
                  was warm enough already.

                  Today I'm in khakis and a chambray shirt because we had to tear down the
                  Haunted House.

                  Kevin

                  Talethea4@... wrote:
                  > So, what are you wearing at work/school today?
                  >
                  > I'm wearing SCA garb: light blue gown with dark blue Celtic knotwork stamped
                  > around the neck, cuffs, hem and down the front. Accessories include a dark
                  > blue snood and silver jewelry.
                  >
                  > Good Samhain! Happy Halloween!
                  >
                  > Toni

                • Michelle Clark
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 31, 2006
                    --- In ICG-D@yahoogroups.com, Talethea4@... wrote:

                    > So, what are you wearing at work/school today?

                    Goth Chick -
                    Full black vinyl crinolined skirt, fishnets, corset style top with
                    lace shrug actually worn under it, supersized black & red pompom
                    ponytails, platform maryjanes, wire headband w/red wire spring horns,
                    lots of chains & of course a dog collar.

                    Startled several co-workers. I told them I was the customer from Hell.

                    Michelle
                    Haunting from Minneapolis
                  • Heather Monson
                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 31, 2006
                      I'm dressed up as Queen Emeraldas (anime character). The costume contains
                      my first attempt at doing applique on (and with) stretchy fabrics. Turned
                      out quite well, all things considered. Nobody has the foggiest clue who I
                      am, but they like the outfit, and it's super-comfy. :-)

                      Heather

                      --- Elaine Mami <ecmami@...> wrote:

                      > >So, what are you wearing at work/school today?
                      > >
                      > >I'm wearing SCA garb: light blue gown with dark blue Celtic knotwork
                      > >stamped
                      > >around the neck, cuffs, hem and down the front. Accessories include a
                      >
                      > >dark
                      > >blue snood and silver jewelry.
                      > >
                      > >Good Samhain! Happy Halloween!
                      > >
                      > >Toni

                      "When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown-up." --C.S. Lewis, 1947

                      (http://www.yahoo.com/preview)
                    • Ann Catelli
                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 31, 2006
                        Medium purple cotte from Black Swan, with a deeper
                        purple hood and a white headcloth.

                        And I am alone in costume at work. :)

                        Long skirts + wheeled chairs = not my best idea ever.

                        Ann in CT

                        (http://voice.yahoo.com)
                        Message 11 of 14 , Oct 31, 2006
                          Dark blue velvet 3-button jacket, white shirt, "Halloween" tie, grey wool slacks, grey socks, black shoes.

                          However, Tina wore her Chinese costume from the LACon IV masquerade to her office.

                          Message 12 of 14 , Oct 31, 2006
                            Sandy - My Halloween T - white with large jack-o-lantern with a tabby
                            cat wearing a witch's hat inside, embroidered. Black pants. Fangs.

                            Pierre - regular work clothes (jeans, button shirt), plus
                            fangs. Can't easily unload trucks in costume, after all.

                            At 06:53 AM 10/31/2006, you wrote:
                            >So, what are you wearing at work/school today?

                            "Those Who Fail To Learn History
                            Why They Are Simply Doomed.

                            -- C.Y. 4971

                            Andromeda
                          • Steve Swope
                            Message 13 of 14 , Oct 31, 2006
                              Talethea4@... wrote:

                              > So, what are you wearing at work/school today?
                              >
                              > I'm wearing SCA garb: light blue gown with dark blue Celtic knotwork stamped
                              > around the neck, cuffs, hem and down the front. Accessories include a dark
                              > blue snood and silver jewelry.

                              I had volunteered to work "Trunk-or-Treat" at my church, so the weather
                              figured into my choice of an elaborate pirate (The coat made standing
                              out in 40-degree-Fahrenheit temperatures much more bearable than would
                              my original choice-- a first season Next Gen uniform!)

                              --

                              Steve Swope (aka phierma@...)
                            • Elizabeth
                              Message 14 of 14 , Nov 1, 2006
                                I wore my Civil War day dress, modified to a late 1860s/early 1870s
                                lower middle-class day dress; I was one of the housemaids in the ca.
                                1855-1875 historic house museum where I work. I was the only one in
                                historic costume giving tours that day. Long skirts and carrying
                                things up and down Victorian staircases are not a good combination! I
                                didn't trip or drop anything, but I came close ...

                                Elizabeth in California