Re: Worldcon Masquerade... facts and Richard

  • Chris AKA Karisu
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 31, 2006
      --- In ICG-D@yahoogroups.com, "martin J." <marty22k@...> wrote:

      >And I care about the judges and very much appreciate them. I
      >didn't point any fingers at the post-mortim because (as any who were
      >there can attest) there was already plenty of bad and rude stuff
      >thrown at the judges and me already and I felt the gentlemanly thing
      >to do was to try to get most of it to land on me rather than a young
      >woman who has a fan/costumer/internet reputation to protect. As the
      >"captain" of the crew, that's the proper thing to do. I had assumed
      >she simply found the temptation to watch a Worldon show too much to
      >resist, and that's why the judging was cut short. I thought I had
      >simply offered up too much of a temptation which then proved very
      >unwise. But even chivarly must have it's limits.

      My internet reputation is not in danger here, Martin.

      Don't even go there, or let my youthful appearance mislead you, as it
      often does people in the Anime con world, Martin. I am a very well
      preserved 43 years old, and have been involved with Science Fiction
      Masquerades in multiple ways for over 20 years.

      I know I'm merely an obvious target here, because neither Wombat nor
      John Hertz are online, though I had a great deal of in-depth
      discussion with them after the Masquerade, and I have no doubt
      whatsoever that they WILL support what I wrote.
    • Andrew Trembley
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 31, 2006
        Richard A. Hill wrote:
        > I've been following this thread, and would like to add some thoughts.
        > I wasn't there, I cannot make any statements of what, or if, or
        > why. I just know that if Andy AND Chris were to come to my gripe
        > session and tell me that something went wrong on my Masquerade, I'd
        > listen. Partially because they have been doing this for as long as I
        > have, and partially because I know how much they know about what they
        > are doing.

        Yeah, all it took was for us to realize that shouting at each other once
        in a while is a valid method of communication, and to do so without
        pissing off the mods...

        andy
      • Richard A. Hill
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 1, 2006
          Ya mean all that on-line shouting was communication ??
          Damn!
          And here I thought we had just been making fun of each other.

          Richard the First

          At 02:35 AM 9/1/2006, you wrote:

          >Richard A. Hill wrote:
          > > I've been following this thread, and would like to add some thoughts.
          > > I wasn't there, I cannot make any statements of what, or if, or
          > > why. I just know that if Andy AND Chris were to come to my gripe
          > > session and tell me that something went wrong on my Masquerade, I'd
          > > listen. Partially because they have been doing this for as long as I
          > > have, and partially because I know how much they know about what they
          > > are doing.
          > >

          >Yeah, all it took was for us to realize that shouting at each other once
          >in a while is a valid method of communication, and to do so without
          >pissing off the mods...
          >
          >andy

        • rookwoods
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 1, 2006
            --- In ICG-D@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Trembley <attrembl@...> wrote:
            > Yeah, all it took was for us to realize that shouting at each other
            once
            > in a while is a valid method of communication, and to do so without
            > pissing off the mods...

            Can't speak for Ann, but frankly.... I'm getting kinda tired of a
            weeklong fight where both sides are adamantly (and repeatedly) stating
            their views and no forward motion is happening.

            Can't you folks stop talking about last weekend and go make a new
            costume for next CostumeCon?????

            -Judy

            (off to D*C! it's only drizzling here in DC/Baltimore)