Another candidate statement

  • taknflyte
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2006
      Hello Everyone,

      I'm Jan Price and I am running for Vice President.

      I've been an ICG member since the early 90s. In the past, I've served
      as President and Recording Secretary for the GBACG and was Vice Chair
      of the Santa Clara CostumeCon. I'm a member of both the GCFCG and
      SiW and serve on the ICG Board of Directors as the SiW chapter rep.
      While I don't consider myself a "competition-ready" costumer, I have
      a lot of fun playing in this community and a deep admiration for
      those who create these wonderful illusions - historical, fantasy,
      recreation, anime, and all. I've been active in the convention
      running community for over 20 years where I've worked to support
      costuming-related activities and programming.

      I can work effectively with all of the other candidates running for
      offices this year and your chapter representatives in reaching
      decisions that are best for the ICG and its membership. If elected,
      I'm hoping the role of the Vice President is expanded to provide more
      support to the Board of Directors and the membership. I believe that
      finding ways to bring the next generation of costumers into the
      organization and resolving the 501(c)(3) status issue are our
      biggest, known challenges for the coming year.

      Feel free to ask questions if you have them, I might have an answer.

      JP =)