Corresponding Secretary Candidate Statement
- Corresponding Secretary Candidate Statement
In the past, this role has been a passive one that responds to letters
and requests for information sent to the ICG. While this has worked in
the past, the need for letting organizations know about the ICG has
come up numerous times in the discussion list.
As the ICG Corresponding Secretary, I view this role as an active one
to contact different groups and establish ties with them. For example,
a form letter could be snail or e-mailed to organizations as well as
posted on the ICG website. This form letter would let other
know what the ICG is about, and also offer to trade web links and
publicity with these groups.
By taking the first step and letting other organizations know about
the ICG in a consistent manner, we could help achieve the goal of
creating a positive perception of our group.
My writing experience includes senior technical writer, senior technical
editor, and website manager of a convention (SiliCon) website as well as
personal websites (costumingtips.org). My costuming-related experience
* More than 20 years as a den mom at local and regional conventions,
plus WorldCons and Costume-Cons.
* Running a green room at the last minute for WesterCon in Phoenix, when
it imploded. This was the year that Sandra Manning and Wombat took
at the last minute. John and Chris O'Halloran were the last-minute
* Costume programming at a local science fiction convention, SiliCon,
from 2002 - 2005.
* One of the founding members and secretary of Silicon Web (SiW).
* One of the founding members, secretary, and newsletter editor of
the defunct South Bay Costumers Guild (SBCG) in the 1990s.
Secretary, Silicon Web
Corresponding Secretary Candidate