Corresponding Secretary Candidate Statement

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2006
      Corresponding Secretary Candidate Statement

      In the past, this role has been a passive one that responds to letters
      and requests for information sent to the ICG. While this has worked in
      the past, the need for letting organizations know about the ICG has
      come up numerous times in the discussion list.

      As the ICG Corresponding Secretary, I view this role as an active one
      to contact different groups and establish ties with them. For example,
      a form letter could be snail or e-mailed to organizations as well as
      posted on the ICG website. This form letter would let other
      organizations
      know what the ICG is about, and also offer to trade web links and
      publicity with these groups.

      By taking the first step and letting other organizations know about
      the ICG in a consistent manner, we could help achieve the goal of
      creating a positive perception of our group.

      My writing experience includes senior technical writer, senior technical
      editor, and website manager of a convention (SiliCon) website as well as
      personal websites (costumingtips.org). My costuming-related experience
      includes:

      * More than 20 years as a den mom at local and regional conventions,
      plus WorldCons and Costume-Cons.

      * Running a green room at the last minute for WesterCon in Phoenix, when
      it imploded. This was the year that Sandra Manning and Wombat took
      over
      at the last minute. John and Chris O'Halloran were the last-minute
      stage managers.

      * Costume programming at a local science fiction convention, SiliCon,
      from 2002 - 2005.

      * One of the founding members and secretary of Silicon Web (SiW).

      * One of the founding members, secretary, and newsletter editor of
      the defunct South Bay Costumers Guild (SBCG) in the 1990s.

      Sincerely,

      Carole Parker
      Secretary, Silicon Web
      Corresponding Secretary Candidate