Re: ICG Membership

  • callisto@netlabs.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2000
      With the current ICG structure, the local chapters should be handling
      memberships questions and renewals.

      It was earlier suggested that member be notified when their
      membership is up. If the ICG centrally had to designate someone it
      would create confusion since the member's designated contact is
      within their local chapter. They could have renewed locally, and the
      ICG would not be aware of it until the local chapter's quarterly
      report is submitted to the ICG.

      Would member retainment be a function of the 'central' ICG or the
      local chapter? Currently there is not a post designated to work on
      overall ICG member retainment. I would advise it not be a function
      the ICG Treasurer to send out a thousand individual postcards
      (earlier suggestion on this list) each year with a different format
      for each chapter listing their local treasurer so the member can
      renew.

      Ideally an ICG's member's expiration should be coterminus with their
      local chapter membership. Members should be able to check their
      status with their local chapter.

      Local chapters have requested copies of their ICG chapter listing for
      reconciliation. Currently I do not give out full ICG membership data
      with all chapters listed without the BOD's approval.

      Sharon Trembley
      ICG Treasurer

    • callisto@netlabs.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2000
        Sorry, I read this after I posted it and it didn't make sense.

        I do give local chapter reps an update when they ask for it, but it
        only contains their chapter. If someone wants an entire ICG listing,
        not just their chapter, there has to be a reason submitted to the
        Board for approval.

        Other info I've given is a chapter's head count to a neighboring
        chapter - it's part of my annual reports. Usually the requestor has
        a legitimate-sounding reason for asking.

        Sharon