Re: [ICG-D] mermaids have it

  • Alixandra Jordan
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 3, 2006
      Dear Elaine:

      Ilook forward to seeing them!

      Thank you. I'm very interested in what people will think of them.
      Linda tells me that the purple one is: "Weird; beautiful, but weird." I'm
      pleased with both of them, which is better than last year. Both of the
      dolls that I entered in the colour challenge last year were not up to my
      standards, but the colours didn't do much for me. I still intend to do
      another navy and white doll, once I can get hold of enough navy blue fabric;
      I want to make a 4th Form St. Trinian's doll. hehehehehehehehehehe Couldn't
      enter her anywhere; winning a competition because your doll beat up all the
      other entries is so not the way to go.

      Now I want to know how many of you are entering the SF/F, but haven't yet
      pre-reged.

      If you are talking about dolls, then their aren't any. Jacqui has a
      large, bulky costume (as usual), and can only take two down with her.
      If you are talking about costumes, then there are none. I can't afford
      to re-new my Pups membership, never mind actually attend CostumeCon. Now,
      if I could get there, I suppose that I'd bring my "Faerie Godmother" for
      entry in historical, and something else, maybe "Corpse Candles" for
      fantasy...provided that I could get someone to do my makeup. Making a face
      look like three week past due date cottage cheese is not a good thing.

      Peace
      Alixandra
      eddana@...

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 3, 2006
        Not to mention the Historical. There are two -- count 'em, two -- preregistered entries in the historical masquerade.

        Don't be timid. Enter 'em all!

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 3, 2006
          --- In ICG-D@yahoogroups.com, "Elaine Mami" <ecmami@...> wrote:

          > I look forward to seeing them!
          >
          > Now I want to know how many of you are entering the SF/F, but
          haven't yet
          > pre-reged.

          I'm working hard to get mine finished for SF/F, but I'm working
          with a friend, and we don't have a title yet.... (excuse, excuse). But
          we are planning to enter.

          Unfortunatley, it looks like my plans to also enter the Historic
          are going to have to wait until next year. The other two people who
          are supposed to do it with me, haven't exactly gotten much
          accomplished since last April.

          -Judy