Request

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2001
      Request for info:

      Can someone tell us where to get an address for LosCon, specifically where
      we can send flyers to be put on the freebie table?

      Also, Kate M., can we send some to you for Norwescon? (And I'm not sure we
      have your postal addy - is it the one we sent the holiday card to last year?)

      Any other cons coming up between now and the end of January, we would
      appreciate hearing about them so we can send flyers. These are flyers
      inviting people to compete in the ConJose masquerade.

      TIA,

      P & S

      "Those Who Fail To Learn History
      Are Doomed To Repeat It;
      Those Who Fail To Learn History Correctly--
      Why They Are Simply Doomed."

      -- C.Y. 4971

      Andromeda
    • Sharon L Sbarsky
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2001
        On Sat, 3 Nov 2001, Pierre & Sandy Pettinger wrote:

        > Request for info:
        >
        > Can someone tell us where to get an address for LosCon, specifically where
        > we can send flyers to be put on the freebie table?

        From the SF-Lovers Conventions Listing:
        http://www.sflovers.org/Reference/fandom/conlist/cons.html

        Loscon 28. Burbank Airport Hilton, 2500 N. Hollywood Way,
        Chris Butler; FGoH: Lynn Gold. Theme: F&SF; Memb: $40 until
        10/31/01; $45 at the door. Info: LosCon 28, c/o LASFS, 11513
        Burbank Blvd., North Hollywood, CA 91601; 1-818-760-9234;
        chair@....

        > Any other cons coming up between now and the end of January, we would
        > appreciate hearing about them so we can send flyers. These are flyers
        > inviting people to compete in the ConJose masquerade.

        There are other conventions listed in the listing. (I recently helped
        update it.)

        Sharon
      • Alix Jordan
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2001
          Dear Sandy and Pierre:

          >Any other cons coming up between now and the end of January, we would
          >appreciate hearing about them so we can send flyers. These are flyers
          >inviting people to compete in the ConJose masquerade.

          There is a convention in Toronto in November; Jacqui, Penny, and Barb
          are attending. Perhaps you could send some flyers to one of them, or simply
          contact "Primedia", via net. You'd have to work fast, the con in next
          weekend.
          Next year there is Ad Astra, sometime in the early months, then Toronto
          Trek, at the beginning of July. We'll be at that one, and will take flyers,
          if it is't too late in the year.

          Peace
          Alixandra
          eddana@...

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 5, 2001
            --- In ICG-D@y..., Pierre & Sandy Pettinger <costumrs@r...> wrote:

            > Can someone tell us where to get an address for LosCon,
            specifically where
            > we can send flyers to be put on the freebie table?

            Pierre & Sandy --

            I'll send you my e-mail addy off-line -- I'll be at LosCon starting
            on that Friday, so I can take them there. If you send them to the
            address, I can't guarantee they'll get out there (in some of these
            areas, the committee is less than organized, and there are a lot of
            competing groups for flier space).

            Also, a reminder to everyone who's going to be in the LA area, we are
            having a masquerade on Saturday, November 24 starting at 8 PM. We're
            fairly low-key, relatively simple tech, but we've definitely got an
            appreciative audience who would love to see your stuff.

            I'm not requiring membership to be in or work the masquerade, but the
            committee has decided that they will require evening memberships if
            anyone wants to attend any of the dances or other festivities.

            Registration is all day Friday and Saturday until 2 PM, with call at
            6 PM and kick-off at 8 PM.

            Carolyn Louaillier
            Masquerade Director, Loscon
            (who's decided its not smart to be polishing three manuscripts at the
            same time one's trying to run a masquerade)
            carowriter@...