Re: [ICG-D] Re: Asian dialogue in Serenity

  • Ricky & Karen Dick
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2005
      At 07:07 PM 10/2/2005 -0400, you wrote:
      >Hey! Where was that ship number you were talking about?

      On the research ship that was crashed into the side of the building near
      the end of the movie.

      The lettering is very stylized, but clearly reads "C57D."

      I suspect this is a ha-ha put in by Greg Jein or one of his cohorts.

      --Karen
    • bruno
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2005
        There were numerous SF references and in-jokes in Buffy, so, I wouldn't be surprised if Joss put it in.

        Bruno

      • Ricky & Karen Dick
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2005
          Ah, but this is also the sort of stuff the set and modelbuilders do to
          distract themselves from the long and often insane hours in the shop. (Had
          friends working as grunt labor on some of the visual effects teams during
          the era of ST:TMP, CE3K:Special Editon, Blade Runner, Empire, and Jedi, and
          they had some really good stories, some of which you can actually see in
          the finished films.) Greg Jein (who has a modelmaking credit for Serenity)
          is from that era of visual "in jokes."

          --Karen