Re: [ICG-D] Which calendar? Re: Happy New Year

    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
      On Friday, September 30, 2005, at 09:15 PM, stephentang01 wrote:

      > Sorry, but I don't get the punchline. ^_^;;;;;

      No punchline. It's Jewish New Year (Rosh Hashanah) on Tuesday.

    • Gwenyver Leprechaun
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
        "No punchline. It's Jewish New Year (Rosh Hashanah) on Tuesday."

        Ah! I was about to say that New year is a month from now (Samhain,
        Witches New Year), but Now that makes sense too.

        Gwenyver

        Gwenyver's Closet
        http://www.geocities.com/wiccanmaiden1982/

        Costuming Montréal
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/costumingmontreal/

        Titanic - Rose's Closet
        http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/titanic_roses_closet/
      • Catelli, Ann
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
          May you be sealed for a good new year.

          Ann in CT

        • Elaine Mami
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
            Jewish calendar, (lunar) and the year is 5766.

            BTW, according to all the best sources, the end of the world will happen in
            the year 6,000, so take all necessary precautions!

            Elaine

            Nil significat nisi oscillat!

            >Thanks!
            >
            >Which calendar prompted this greeting, and what year is it?
            >
            >Randall
            >
            >Whose TARDIS needs calibration.
          • Elaine Mami
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
              It starts Monday night. For once in my life, I'm early!

              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
                On Saturday, October 1, 2005, at 08:13 AM, Gwenyver Leprechaun wrote:

                > "No punchline. It's Jewish New Year (Rosh Hashanah) on Tuesday."
                >
                > Ah! I was about to say that New year is a month from now (Samhain,
                > Witches New Year), but Now that makes sense too.

                That's the problem with lunar calendars. ;-)

                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 31, 2012
                  A happy new year to one and all and may your costuming flourish.

                  Byron
                • mscip
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 31, 2014
                    May everyone have a safe and joyous celebration. Here's to a creative year of costuming and wearable art, plus a challenge of learning something new that fuels your creativity.

                    I look forward to seeing most of you and the results of your creative challenges in the new year.

                    Sent from my iPad