Re: [ICG-D] gas.

  • Lisa A. Ashton
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2005
      I remember 1972, because I had just gotten my drivers license then! And
      I remember the gas lines....I was living close to where I am now, in a
      newly developed area of Montgomery County, MD......my father has just
      gotten a diesel Mercedes, and there was only ONE gas station which had
      diesel fuel, and I do remember the rationing and having to go on odd or
      even days....and wait and wait...my parents figured (correctly) since I
      had just gotten my license I'd be willing to wait in the lines for the
      mere priviliege of being allowed to drive...

      Back to costuming, I still have the spectacularly patched and embroidered
      jeans that I wore back then, only now they are up on my wall as art....

      Yours in costuming, Lisa a.
      Who never in her life expected she would pay >$3 for gas, not in the USA