Supply Scares

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2005
      On Thursday, September 1, 2005, at 12:49 PM, C. D. Mami wrote:

      > The great toilet paper scare
      > some one jokingly on TV here in MY said there was a shortage of TP and
      > caused a panic

      That was Johnny Carson.

      > In keeping with the costume thread that year no one came wrapped in tp
      > as a
      > mummy as it was not to be found in stores for almost a week

    • Cat Devereaux
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2005
        Are getting reports in on other lists... they are consolidating
        flights and canceling some. Others are getting in OK. Assuming the
        same will happen on the reture I'm sure.

        On costuming content... while you're checking out tables.... Alley Cat
        Scratch will have a table and Judy is bringing the fabric kit with
        doezens and dozens of fabrics to paw, feel and compair. And if there's
        anyone out there that doesn't like fabric... we also have leather
        samles, chain maille (real and platic) and armor/fun foam examples.

        So... come by and paw.

        -Cat-
        (who's not there... just sitting in LA with a mother who wishes I'd
        turn off CNN.... and go to the convention.)
      • Trudy Leonard
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 13, 2005
          Yeah, that would have been nice. As it turned out, I didn't actually get to
          spend much time at the con, but it would have been fun to see people.

          Has anyone else noticed what a long lag time there is on some of the
          messages? Bill's didn't show up until Tues., Sept. 13.

          TL