Re: [ICG-D] Clothes and the Man

  • Susan Stringer
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 5, 2001
      > Now wait a second...I must protest. I'm very good about unbuttoning my
      shirts and putting them neatly in the dirty clothes.

      > It's my habit of leaving my pants on the floor, belt and accoutrements
      still in place, fireman style, that Beloved Wife has problems with. :)

      hahahaha, thanks for the thread, I needed something silly in my life right
      now ;-) You guys are reminding me of an old boyfriend who made Felix Unger
      of the Odd Couple look sloppy. I liked him a lot, but I'm a slob and I knew
      it would never work. So, it's not a gender thing, it's just a personal
      thing.

      Hugs,
      Susan
    • jeffreysmorris@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 5, 2001
        You know, it seems to me that this whole thing of "Men, Buttons And Dirty Clothes" has the potential for a great Historical presentation...

        JSM
      • C. D. Mami
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 5, 2001
          Ok enough is enough
          everyone please note
          Mr. Spock never had buttons
          Capt Kirk never had buttons
          therefore buttons are NOT logical
          buttons are placed on shirts by the marketing
          to sell more shirts
          each time you unbutton a shirt you wear the button until the thread is too
          weak to hold the button and it is lost and must be replaced
          as most men can't sew we buy new shirts or get married which ever is the
          easiest at that time
          by not unbuttoning the shirt you save several items
          money =less new shirts
          time=no sewing and not having to listen to what happened to the button which
          is followed by a list of things you should have done
          effort = buttoning and unbuttoning the shirt in the first place
          so as you can plainly see the unbuttoning and buttoning of the shirt is a
          waste and waste is bad

        • bruno@armyofdorkness.org
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 5, 2001
            In all my life, I don't think that I've ever lost more than a half dozen
            buttons, a dozen at the most, off of shirts. The only thing that I've ever
            lost all of the buttons on was a vintage wool trench coat, that I wore to
            death. I collected all the buttons in the pockets until the last one fell
            off, then took it to be cleaned. When I picked it up, it was clean and had
            all the buttons put back on. I didn't even request that they be put back
            on, I just left them in the pockets.

            Bruno

          • mscip@inreach.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 5, 2001
              > From: jeffreysmorris@...
              >
              > You know, it seems to me that this whole thing of "Men, Buttons And Dirty
              > Clothes" has the potential for a great Historical presentation...

              Okay, I dare you. ;-)

            • Lisa A Ashton
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 7, 2001
                > > You know, it seems to me that this whole thing of "Men, Buttons
                > And Dirty
                > > Clothes" has the potential for a great Historical presentation...
                > Okay, I dare you. ;-)

                I might be interested in participating as long as someone else would
                coordinate it, figure out the presentation and all I had to do was to
                make a costume. I like a sick pun as much as the next guy.
                Yours in costuming, Lisa A

                > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!