Re: [ICG-D] Academic Robes

  • randwhit@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2001
      In a message dated 9/30/2001 3:01:17 PM US Mountain Standard Time, VWarren360@... writes:

      Hats are local option though why you
      need a hat with a hood.....

      What's called a "hood" on academic gowns would be completely nonfunctional as a head covering. It's really more like a shoulder cape or a short scapular. It's a little pouchy in the back, but not enough so to pull over your head.

      Randall
    • petra-nef@home.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 13, 2001
        > As far as Harry Potter goes, they are
        > selling patterns for offical Hogwarts robes: an ankle length a-line
        robe
        > with a slit up the front; angel sleeves; clasp to close the robe at
        the
        > neck.

        Really? What pattern company, and is it only kid's patterns?

        Pam
      • Alix Jordan
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 16, 2001
          Dear Pam:

          >Really? What pattern company, and is it only kid's patterns?

          Either Simplicity or McCall's. I don't know about the sizes. There is a
          similar robe in the adult section, but it's a choir robe; not much
          difference. However, they are copyright, and while you can make them, you
          can't sell them. I'm not certain about renting them.

          Peace
          Alixandra
          eddana@...