Re: [ICG-D] Re: Fabric Treatment

  • Betsy Delaney
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 8 5:50 AM
      Ah, excellent!

      I was going to ask how one might treat a dress so that it looks
      "sculpted" and this might be my answer.

      What colors, please?

      Thanks!!

      Betsy
      (launching into Six Characters with gusto - we finally have a CAST!!!)

      Lucky wrote:

      > Ok, I found something way cool.
      >
      > I was looking thru the local menards and I found Spray on Vinyl. What I
      > needed was for the shapes to be able to move easily once I attach a fan to
      > one end. This spray on vinyl stuff is pretty nice. Comes in 3 colors, and
      > just spray it on, let it dry, and it leaves a very plyable surface to work
      > with. After 2 coats, I could barely feel any air coming thru. The surface
      > left over is bumpy smooth, if that makes sense. Anywho, for $4 a can, this
      > works for now.
      >
      > Thanks for the replies!
      > Lucky
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Susan Eisenhour
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 11 3:07 PM
        oh, now this sounds great! Wish I'd found it for a costume prop a few
        years ago.
        oh well, balloon worked ok.
        Susan
        --- In ICG-D@yahoogroups.com, "Lucky" <onebaddoggy@s...> wrote:
        > Ok, I found something way cool.
        >
        > I was looking thru the local menards and I found Spray on Vinyl.
        What I
        > needed was for the shapes to be able to move easily once I attach a
        fan to
        > one end. This spray on vinyl stuff is pretty nice. Comes in 3
        colors, and
        > just spray it on, let it dry, and it leaves a very plyable surface
        to work
        > with. After 2 coats, I could barely feel any air coming thru. The
        surface
        > left over is bumpy smooth, if that makes sense. Anywho, for $4 a
        can, this
        > works for now.
        >
        > Thanks for the replies!
        > Lucky
      • Ricky & Karen Dick
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 11 3:34 PM
          At 10:35 PM 7/7/2005 -0500, you wrote:
          >Ok, I found something way cool.
          >
          >I was looking thru the local menards and I found Spray on Vinyl.

          I was wondering if Liquitex Matte Medium (aka Fray Check) would provide an
          air-tight seal.
          Matte Medium is available in containers up to 32 oz. from Charrette in
          Woburn, MA (or any full-service art supply house) vs. those weenie little
          Dritz Fray-Check bottles.

          Kathy Sanders made inflatable parade costumes for Disneyland back in the
          late 70's (broomsticks from Sorcerer's Apprentice), and they had to have
          on-board fans going all the time to keep them inflated.

          --Karen

          --Karen