Re: [ICG-D] Digest Number 1970

  • Carolyn Kayta Barrows
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2005
      >There are a couple of performance artists that had those sorts
      >of things made for their costumes.
      >http://www.livejournal.com/users/photognome/141344.html
      >For some pictures with a WARNING. There is no nudity but the pictures
      >are a bit adult in nature.
      >I really don't want to get kicked out of here and I read over the
      >rules so I think this is OK since I put a warning. Please tell me if I
      >have erred.

      Many costumes in this genre are way beyond what one can wear at places like
      CostumeCon, but lots of imagination has gone into their design and
      construction (like the blue one on the left, and I hope that's body
      paint). Certain parts of these costumes, or techniques used in them, can
      be used in straight fantasy or science fiction costumes without raising
      eyebrows anywhere. Others, and I don't think you erred in that direction,
      are best left in their usual venues.

      CarolynKayta Barrows
      dollmaker, fibre artist, textillian
      www.FunStuft.com