Re: [ICG-D] Digest Number 1970

  • Lucky
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2005
      >> Saw this on Ebay
      >>
      >> http://www.preauctionstock.com/ebaypics/?ad_nr=22

      Wow, think of the bra that could be made from that?! We're way beyond
      coconut shells here.

      Lucky
    • Puppetmaker
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30, 2005
        On 4/29/05, Lucky <onebaddoggy@...> wrote:

        > >> Saw this on Ebay
        > >>
        > >> http://www.preauctionstock.com/ebaypics/?ad_nr=22
        > >

        > Wow, think of the bra that could be made from that?! We're way beyond
        > coconut shells here.
        >
        > Lucky
        I have seen that sort thing made as bra both in pictures and in real
        life. There are a couple of performance artists that had those sorts
        of things made for their costumes.
        http://www.livejournal.com/users/photognome/141344.html
        For some pictures with a WARNING. There is no nudity but the pictures
        are a bit adult in nature.
        I really don't want to get kicked out of here and I read over the
        rules so I think this is OK since I put a warning. Please tell me if I
        have erred.
        Kath
      • Carolyn Kayta Barrows
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 30, 2005
          >There are a couple of performance artists that had those sorts
          >of things made for their costumes.
          >http://www.livejournal.com/users/photognome/141344.html
          >For some pictures with a WARNING. There is no nudity but the pictures
          >are a bit adult in nature.
          >I really don't want to get kicked out of here and I read over the
          >rules so I think this is OK since I put a warning. Please tell me if I
          >have erred.

          Many costumes in this genre are way beyond what one can wear at places like
          CostumeCon, but lots of imagination has gone into their design and
          construction (like the blue one on the left, and I hope that's body
          paint). Certain parts of these costumes, or techniques used in them, can
          be used in straight fantasy or science fiction costumes without raising
          eyebrows anywhere. Others, and I don't think you erred in that direction,
          are best left in their usual venues.

          CarolynKayta Barrows
          dollmaker, fibre artist, textillian
          www.FunStuft.com