Ok... so were these patterns brand new or have I been hiding under a rock?

  • Betsy Delaney
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2005
      On a whim, on the way back from Karen's birthday party a week ago, we
      swung into a sewing/quilt shop. We were in the mood to stop and shop on
      the way home.

      I found a lovely, kelly green calico which will make Erin look like the
      perfect Irish Lass she is, and I was fishing around for a pattern. Just
      for giggles, today I stopped in to the local JoAnn Etc. (next to
      CompUSA, which had my Bluetooth adapter for $10 after rebate), and
      lookie what I found...

      http://www.simplicity.com/index.cfm?cat=4&type=20&sec=0&id=68&startrow=1

      I couldn't help myself. Bought both. And

      http://www.simplicity.com/index.cfm?cat=4&type=19&sec=0&id=59&startrow=1

      5029 contains the jacket Dan's been lusting after for his kilt. And it's
      designed by Andrea Schewe, one of the expected participants for CC23.

      Ok, so they weren't on the $0.99 sale, and I maybe could have waited
      until then. But I believe in grabbing while the grabbing is good.

      Maybe I'll sew something this year...

      -b
      Betsy R. Delaney

      http://www.hawkeswood.com/ * http://www.OutOftheBlackBox.org/
      http://www.Costume-Con.org/ * http://www.sickpups.org/
      http://www.SchoolWithoutWalls.org/
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2005
        On Monday, April 4, 2005, at 02:47 PM, Betsy Delaney wrote:

        > I found a lovely, kelly green calico which will make Erin look like the
        > perfect Irish Lass she is, and I was fishing around for a pattern. Just
        > for giggles, today I stopped in to the local JoAnn Etc. (next to
        > CompUSA, which had my Bluetooth adapter for $10 after rebate), and
        > lookie what I found...
        >
        > http://www.simplicity.com/
        > index.cfm?cat=4&type=20&sec=0&id=68&startrow=1
        >
        > I couldn't help myself. Bought both.

        With the cute daughter that you have, I can see why. Be sure to have
        some insulin on hand when your sweet daughter wears these dresses. ;-)

        > And
        >
        > http://www.simplicity.com/
        > index.cfm?cat=4&type=19&sec=0&id=59&startrow=1
        >
        > 5029 contains the jacket Dan's been lusting after for his kilt.

        A very standard modern jacket for wearing with a kilt.

        > But I believe in grabbing while the grabbing is good.

        I agree. I can't tell you how many times I've thought "I'll get that
        later," only to go back and not find it there anymore. I also don't
        argue when a pattern or particular fabric jumps into my hands and says
        "you *will* buy me!" I wind up regretting it when I don't buy the item
        because I find a situation where "...that would have been perfect for
        this."

        Fortunately, hubby understands when I say "I don't know what I'm going
        to use this for, but I have to buy it. I don't know why, but I have to."

      • Genie
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5, 2005
          They've been available since before xmas I think.

          Snow fallen on snow,
          and this evening, the full moon of November
          Basho

          > On a whim, on the way back from Karen's birthday party a week ago, we
          > swung into a sewing/quilt shop. We were in the mood to stop and shop on
          > the way home.
          >
          > I found a lovely, kelly green calico which will make Erin look like the
          > perfect Irish Lass she is, and I was fishing around for a pattern. Just
          > for giggles, today I stopped in to the local JoAnn Etc. (next to
          > CompUSA, which had my Bluetooth adapter for $10 after rebate), and
          > lookie what I found...
          >
          > http://www.simplicity.com/index.cfm?cat=4&type=20&sec=0&id=68&startrow=1
          >
          > I couldn't help myself. Bought both. And
          >
          > http://www.simplicity.com/index.cfm?cat=4&type=19&sec=0&id=59&startrow=1
          >
          > 5029 contains the jacket Dan's been lusting after for his kilt. And it's
          > designed by Andrea Schewe, one of the expected participants for CC23.
          >
          > Ok, so they weren't on the $0.99 sale, and I maybe could have waited
          > until then. But I believe in grabbing while the grabbing is good.
          >
          > Maybe I'll sew something this year...
          >
          > -b
          > --
          > --
          > Betsy R. Delaney

          > http://www.hawkeswood.com/ * http://www.OutOftheBlackBox.org/
          > http://www.Costume-Con.org/ * http://www.sickpups.org/
          > http://www.SchoolWithoutWalls.org/

        • Trudy Leonard
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 5, 2005
            I actually sent an email here when they first came out, but wrongly
            attributed them to Martha McCann. I'm waiting for the little boys' outfits
            to come out. Not that I have anyone to make them for, but it will complete
            my set.

            Trudy

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 5, 2005
              Ok, so it sounds like the rock wins. Ghods, I hope I'm done with web
              site stuff soon. I'd like to go back to sewing sometime before my kids
              have kids...

              -b