Re: [ICG-D] Re: Reenactors & Vehicles

  • Carolyn Kayta Barrows
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 1, 2005
      > > That's why we have a minivan though there are only 2 humans in the
      > > household. Costumes, cons, and driving to said cons, because flying is a
      > > PITA.
      >
      >That's one of the reasons I went with the PT Cruiser. The back seats fold
      >down and are removable makes for a suprising amount of room.

      That's why I love Volvo station wagons. They're surprisingly Tardis-like,
      and I can sleep stretched out full length in the back.

      CarolynKayta Barrows
      dollmaker, fibre artist, textillian
      www.FunStuft.com

      //// \\\
      ////-@@\\\
      (((( 7 )))
      ((( <> ))))
      ) ((((((
      /----\ /---\))
    • Lisa A. Ashton
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 1, 2005
        Henry--

        I remember your PT CRuiser fondly, going to the Puppet Museum!

        I can't wait for the next field rip.

        Yours in costuming, Lisa A.
        getting on with it
      • Ricky & Karen Dick
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 1, 2005
          Two words: Cadillac Hearse.

          We have smaller Buick hearses now and are suffering for it. They still hold
          a pile-o-stuff, but will NOT fit a 4x8 sheet of plywood, which is the basis
          for all haunt scenery flats.

          --Karen
        • Ricky & Karen Dick
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 1, 2005
            Beallsville, PA (AP)--

            The small town of Beallsville is about to be taken to the big time, Michael
            Eisner style.

            Ownership of Castle Blood Productions has just announced a transition plan
            in which Michael Eisner, current "head mouse" of entertainment
            megacorporation Disney, will take over operations for Castle Blood
            Productions, known largely for their interactive Halloween Adventure Tours
            (tm) that happen on a seasonal basis along Historic Route 40 in
            Southwestern Pennsylvania.

            Eisner, who announced his planned departure from Disney this past week, is
            excited about the challenge of working with a new corporation despite its
            considerably smaller scale of operation.

            "I'm looking forward to the challenge of making a destination out of a
            relatively-unknown town with a small population . There will be a 10-year
            plan and we hope to kick off 2010 as the 'Castle Blood Decade,' with major
            expansion into resort properties that are a fully-immersive experience. The
            market for Halloween year-round is such an untapped market, and we can
            really capitalize on it with the Castle Blood Method as the core principle
            for our projects," said Eisner during a press conference from his private
            yacht anchored just offshore of the Isle of Lucie in the Caribbean Sea.

            In addition to the haunted attraction, Castle Blood Productions currently
            produces props, costumes, and even entire haunted houses for professionals
            in the entertainment industry. Because of current non-disclosure agreements
            with his current employers, Eisner could not confirm rumors that
            previously, Castle Blood Productions had been contacted for a major
            rennovation of all four of the Disney properties' famous "Haunted Mansion"
            attractions featured at the theme parks in Orlando, Anaheim, Paris, and
            Tokyo, as well as a franchised version of the attraction to operate at an
            amusement pier in Asbury Park, NJ.

            "We're thrilled to be working with Mr. Eisner," comments Alec "Ricky" Dick,
            co-owner of Castle Blood Productions and the company's living icon, Gravely
            MacCabre. "We knew that he had what we wanted in a CEO, and honestly feel
            that he'll be the best Non-Disney addition to an already great and talented
            team."

            Karen Dick, co-owner of Castle Blood Productions, was unavailable for
            comment due to tightened security regulations on overseas aircraft.
            Representatives promised to collect a statement after her arrival in Peru,
            where she plans to gather data for a yet-to-be-named project related to
            both domestic and international operations of Castle Blood Productions.

            Among things on the "short list" for the next five years of Castle Blood
            are the acquisition of the land and mineral rights for the town of
            Beallsville and some yet-unnamed surrounding communities, the re-opening of
            a local hotel and accompanying cottage homes as the company's first resort
            community, and research and development for the world's first haunted
            attraction water park, which will boast the claim that "You've never been
            so wet and scared in all of your life."

            "Water and spooky stuff just naturally go together. I don't know why
            somebody hasn't thought of this angle before," says Eisner.

            Why make the announcement now, nearly six months from the opening of the
            seasonal attraction?

            "Simple," says Dick. "We are doing our best to push haunted entertainment
            to the forefront, making it in the minds of our customers twelve months a
            year. That, and what better day to make such an announcement than the
            ninety-first day of the calendar year?"

            We couldn't agree more! Best of luck to Castle Blood Productions and its
            new CEO.

            --Avril Folle, A.P. Entertainment Staff Writer
          • Bruno
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 1, 2005
              OMG! Congrats! I didn't know that Castle Blood was such an enterprise.

              Bruno

> [...]
              > community, and research and development for the world's first haunted
              > attraction water park, which will boast the claim that "You've never been
              > so wet and scared in all of your life."
              >
              > "Water and spooky stuff just naturally go together. I don't know why
              > somebody hasn't thought of this angle before," says Eisner.
              >
              > Why make the announcement now, nearly six months from the opening of the
              > seasonal attraction?
              >
              > "Simple," says Dick. "We are doing our best to push haunted entertainment
              > to the forefront, making it in the minds of our customers twelve months a
              > year. That, and what better day to make such an announcement than the
              > ninety-first day of the calendar year?"
              >
              > We couldn't agree more! Best of luck to Castle Blood Productions and its
              > new CEO.
              >
              > --Avril Folle, A.P. Entertainment Staff Writer

            • Carolyn Kayta Barrows
              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 1, 2005
                >The small town of Beallsville is about to be taken to the big time, Michael
                >Eisner style.

                Nice piece of writing. Congratulations.

> [...]
                >community, and research and development for the world's first haunted
                >attraction water park, which will boast the claim that "You've never been
                >so wet and scared in all of your life."
                >
                >"Water and spooky stuff just naturally go together. I don't know why
                >somebody hasn't thought of this angle before," says Eisner.
                >
                >Why make the announcement now, nearly six months from the opening of the
                >seasonal attraction?
                >
                >"Simple," says Dick. "We are doing our best to push haunted entertainment
                >to the forefront, making it in the minds of our customers twelve months a
                >year. That, and what better day to make such an announcement than the
                >ninety-first day of the calendar year?"
                >
                >We couldn't agree more! Best of luck to Castle Blood Productions and its
                >new CEO.
                >
                >--Avril Folle, A.P. Entertainment Staff Writer

              • C. D. Mami
                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 1, 2005
                  Only you Ricky only you
                  this smacks of the old but famous waxie jet printer
                  I see you still have contacts with the world of high people in low places
                  Hey kids what day is it?

                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 1, 2005
                    In a message dated 4/1/2005 6:40:34 PM Pacific Standard Time,
                    c.mami@... writes:
                    Hey kids what day is it?
                    That's what I thought too. Not that Eisner would not be lucky to have them
                    BUT.....

                    JoAnne

                    Message 9 of 19 , Apr 1, 2005
                      Seeing a PT Cruiser the other morning, it struck me just how much the thing looks like a sawed-off hearse! A hearse for midgets?

                      Byron (who's ridden in Henry's [Henrique's?] PT Cruiser)

                      In a message dated 3/31/2005 2:52:42 PM Central Standard Time,
                      ICG-D@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ICG-D@yahoogroups.com> writes:
                      > Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 23:47:03 -0600
                      > From: Pierre &Sandy Pettinger <costumrs@...<mailto:costumrs@...>>
                      > Subject: Re: Reenactors
                      >
                      > That's why we have a minivan though there are only 2 humans in the
                      > household. Costumes, cons, and driving to said cons, because flying is a
                      > PITA.

                      That's one of the reasons I went with the PT Cruiser. The back seats fold
                      down and are removable makes for a suprising amount of room.
                      Henry

                      Message 10 of 19 , Apr 1, 2005
                        That's one of the reasons we still have our 1994 Toyota Camry station wagon.

                        Message 11 of 19 , Apr 1, 2005
                          Byron Connell wrote:
                          > Seeing a PT Cruiser the other morning, it struck me just how much the thing looks like a sawed-off hearse! A hearse for midgets?
                          >
                          > Byron (who's ridden in Henry's [Henrique's?] PT Cruiser)

                          If you feared for your life, it was Enrique's.

                          andy (who remembers Enrique's Mini-Montero)
                        • Andrew Trembley
                          Message 12 of 19 , Apr 1, 2005
                            Carolyn Kayta Barrows wrote:

                            >>>That's why we have a minivan though there are only 2 humans in the
                            >>>household. Costumes, cons, and driving to said cons, because flying is a
                            >>>PITA.
                            >>
                            >>That's one of the reasons I went with the PT Cruiser. The back seats fold
                            >>down and are removable makes for a suprising amount of room.
                            >

                            > That's why I love Volvo station wagons. They're surprisingly Tardis-like,
                            > and I can sleep stretched out full length in the back.

                            I like wagons; even my little Escort wagon (from a decade ago) was a
                            pretty good hauler. Kevin, on the other hand, sees wagons as barely a
                            step above a minivan (I tried to remind him that we didn't need a sporty
                            car, we've already got motorcycles).

                            So minivans were obviously right out.

                            We were considering the Subaru Legacy (or Outback) wagon, but the
                            headroom was iffy and the legroom between the steering wheel and the
                            seat wasn't too good either.

                            There are times when the hauling capacity of our Forester is
                            disappointing, but with creative packing we've fit six full-size
                            footlockers in it with a few boxes and duffels of loose items. Still, a
                            local (15 miles or less) event can be a 2-load event (and that's with
                            one of us on a motorcycle with the passenger seat loaded up too).

                            andy
                          • slcgjeff@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 19 , Apr 1, 2005
                              Considering I'm reading "DisneyWar" right now, I shivered involuntarily when
                              I saw this. :)

                              JSM

                              Message 14 of 19 , Apr 1, 2005
                                My first car was a Toyota wagon - early 70's vintage. I once got 10 people
                                in it to go to a movie. It's name was R2D2, and it died in a contest with
                                a Mustang and a V W.

                                Sandy

                                At 10:15 PM 4/1/2005, you wrote:

                                >I like wagons; even my little Escort wagon (from a decade ago) was a
                                >pretty good hauler. Kevin, on the other hand, sees wagons as barely a
                                >step above a minivan (I tried to remind him that we didn't need a sporty
                                >car, we've already got motorcycles).
                                >
                                >andy

                                "Those Who Fail To Learn History
                                Why They Are Simply Doomed.

                                -- C.Y. 4971

                                Andromeda
                              • osierhenry@cs.com
                                Message 15 of 19 , Apr 4, 2005
                                  C-A-S,
                                  T-L-E,
                                  B-L-OO-D!

                                  Can we all now say "We knew them when?", or don't you talk to us "little
                                  people" anymore?

                                  You guys definitely have to bring me a t-shirt to CC, size large, you're
                                  choice of style. Will pay you when I see you there!

                                  Henry

                                • Ricky & Karen Dick
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Apr 4, 2005
                                    Okay, now that it's 4 days later and we're still getting congratulatory
                                    emails, we can fess up.

                                    Hopefully everyone read the author of the AP story about us.
                                    Avril Foole ?

                                    Now, to be honest, I HAVE met Eisner in Orlando once, and honestly,
                                    tommorow one of our cast members is being flown down there at Mouse expense
                                    for a job interview, but otherwise, well, it sounds good right?

                                    Credit should be given to Chris Handa for the story.
                                    His wife Kari was Tia Diabla in the CC-22 SF/F masquerade last year.

                                    But Carl, I do have this old color printer for sale.... Binney and Smith 64
                                    with sharpener in the back.

                                    Ricky

                                    At 03:54 PM 4/4/2005 -0400, you wrote:
                                    >C-A-S,
                                    >T-L-E,
                                    >B-L-OO-D!
                                    >
                                    >Can we all now say "We knew them when?", or don't you talk to us "little
                                    >people" anymore?
                                    >
                                    >You guys definitely have to bring me a t-shirt to CC, size large, you're
                                    >choice of style. Will pay you when I see you there!
                                    >
                                    >Henry

                                    > *

                                  • Bruce & Nora Mai
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Apr 4, 2005
                                      I thought everyone was being facetious in offering congratulations; on the
                                      off chance they weren't - I kept my mouth shut.
                                      But I caught the "Avril Folle" immediately. Maybe it's because I have a
                                      slightly suspicious nature and work with a bunch of jokesters.
                                      Well written joke, though.

                                      Nora

                                      ibe@yahoogroups.com

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Apr 4, 2005
                                        On Monday, April 4, 2005, at 03:32 PM, Ricky & Karen Dick wrote:

                                        > Hopefully everyone read the author of the AP story about us.
                                        > Avril Foole ?

                                        I got that one right away. Then again, I tend to notice spellings and
                                        names more readily than most. :-)

                                        Congrats on concocting up a story that some actually believed. A good
                                        April Fool's joke is one that people readily believe. :-)