Re: [ICG-D] Mummy find

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2, 2005
      On Wednesday, March 2, 2005, at 01:37 PM, Lisa A. Ashton wrote:

      > Will they be putting up some photos of the beads, so you think?
      >
      > I'd REALLY love to see them. I'm addicted to Egyptian exhibits.

      Well, not a closeup of the beads, but one photo that hubby found:

      http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/dip?m=/n/pictures/2005/03/02/
      mummy5.jpg&f=/g/archive/2005/03/02/dip.DTL

      I tried the link, and it works.

    • Lisa A. Ashton
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2, 2005
        Thanks Carole, but I couldn't get the link to work or go to the site.

        Yours in costuming, Lisa A.
      • Dora Buck
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 2, 2005
          both of the lines are the link. you will need to highlight it copy, and
          delete the space

          Thanks Carole, but I couldn't get the link to work or go to the site.

          Yours in costuming, Lisa A.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Kevin Roche
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 2, 2005
            It's the infamous wordwrap striking again.

            Remember folks -- if you put < before and > after a link, most systems
            will not wordwrap them and break them!

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 2, 2005
              On Wednesday, March 2, 2005, at 03:40 PM, Lisa A. Ashton wrote:

              > Thanks Carole, but I couldn't get the link to work or go to the site.

              It showed a picture of one of the mummies being unburied at the site.
              If you watched the news tonight, you might have seen it.

            • Lisa A. Ashton
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 3, 2005
                Thank you for "wrapping " the link--it worked this time. However the
                photo doesn't really give a glimpse of the beadwork. The Washington
                Times had a decent color photo on the front page, and it actually showed
                the turquoise beaded netting reasonably well, you could see that it
                covered from the top of the forehead all the way down the front "gap"
                where you could see the mummy tied in. I expect we'll see some
                incredible close-ups eventually. I would LOVE to be able to see this on
                exhibit and get REALLY close, close enough to do drawings of the netting.
                It looks AMAZING.

                Yours in costuming, Lisa A