Re: [ICG-D] Boot making

  • randwhit@aol.com
    Message 1 of 46 , Feb 2 2:14 PM
      In a message dated 2/2/05 11:23:30 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
      svengala_silvereye@... writes:

      > I'm making my first somewhat complicated con costume,
      > and the really daunting thing about it is that it
      > seems I must make the boots to get anything even
      > *remotely* similar to what she's wearing in the images
      > of her. I would sincerely appreciate any advise you
      > could give me or resources you could point me to.

      I think you'd be fine with side-lacing Minnetonka boot moccassins with a bit
      of faux fur banded around the top. These can be found at most western stores.

      If you want to do the stones from the second picture, you could make the
      support harnesses from vinyl or by molding a polymer, then wrap them around your
      boots without stitching.

      For more moccassin patterns, try www.yatahai.com Sparrowhawk has designed
      quite a few variations. I carry her Keltoi moc pattern on my renfair table.

      Randall

      For some other mocca
      Message 46 of 46 , Feb 9 5:26 PM
        Molly --

        You're welcome. We love questions and there's no such thing as a "pestering" novice!