Re: [ICG-D] Fairy wings

  • Alix
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2005
      I need to make fairy wings for some dolls. There was a great method I
      > had learned a few years ago and now have forgotten how. Anyone have
      > any good ideas?

      Most dollmakers seem to swear by Jill Hamilton's booklette "Whimsical
      Wings". You can find this at Jill's site:
      http://jillhamilton.homestead.com/wings.html You might also consider
      joining Friends of Cloth Dolls; there are literally thousands of members
      (the swap pool alone had over twelve hundred names), and they are very
      willing to trade information. Think of it as a dollmakers' version of this
      list. To find out more about them go to
      http://thedollnet.com/friends/subscribe.html

      Peace
      Alixandra
      eddana@...
    • Alix
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 31, 2005
        I need to make fairy wings for some dolls.

        If you like prefab, try going to Sisters and Daughters
        http://sistersanddaughters.com They sell some very nice insect faerie wings.

        Peace
        Alixandra
        eddana@...
      • MANDUsheeCAT
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 3, 2005
          Thanks Bruno ! I knew you'd remember.
          That Centaur I've talking about for years may be forth coming!!!
          I just sculpted a "Hippocampus" when it's finished I'll send you a
          picture. I'm working on using "Barbie" and other fashion dolls to
          alter and transform into faries, I've been experimenting with bending
          and altering the limbs and so far so good!
          Also been altering and resculpting "Bryer" horses.