RE: [ICG-D] Documentation (was: Re: spoilers )

  • Dany
    Message 1 of 40 , Jan 3, 2005
      > I'm unclear what you mean by documentation. I'm guessing
      > it's like pictures of the piece you copied or the text
      > stating what should be worn, but I've never seen any. Anyone
      > willing to show me a web-version or email me a .doc example?
      > auroraceleste@...

      Documentation includes a lot of things.

      For a recreation, it can include any, some, or all of the following:

      -Pictures of the original garment and any significant details.
      -Comparison images: Original garment images next to the reproduction to
      compare accuracy.
      -Notes on construction, material, resources, and other information
      -Fabric swatches

      In crackheaded cases like mine, you can sometimes even make the
      documentation somehow coordinate with the costume to keep with a theme. For
      example, my Lucius Malfoy documentation was made in the fashion of a
      criminal record file, with the various parts of my documentation as
      "evidence". My LXG Mina Murray documentation (or Mina Harker if we want to
      be technical) was bound like a journal to keep with the journal theme from
      Dracula.

      Below is a link to the completely unorganized mess of pictures of the Malfoy
      costume progress. There are three images here that are still in their
      digital camera format at the top of the page. Each one is a LARGE image of
      my Malfoy documentation, so you can see what I did. Expect them to take a
      bit to download due to the fact that I didn't resize them (I wanted the
      details to be as visible as possible).

      Dany
      -documentation: almost as fun as the costume!
      Message 40 of 40 , Jan 6, 2005
        On Thursday, January 6, 2005, at 05:18 PM, Byron Connell wrote:

        > Use smaller type?

        If I were having to read really small type (6 points - fine print size)
        for costume documentation, I would count that *against* the person. I
        think the line "brevity is the soul of wit" applies here. ;-)

        Photographs are always a good idea.