Mars Society Costume Contest

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2004
      Hello All:

      Well, for a first time event, it was admittedly small. Then again, with
      all the other stuff happening, I guess that wasn't too much of a
      surprise.

      I would say we had about a dozen people in total, and four contestants.
      I was the MC for the event, and Bill tells me that someone in the
      audience thought I was a "natural" MC.

      The four contestants were a guy in a full helmet space suit in yellow
      rather than white with a plastic box with small fans as the backpack, a
      jumpsuited pilot, sexy robot, and a woman who put some clothes
      together. The blouse was something that she found with a nice artistic
      design on it.

      The jumpsuited pilot is a buddy/former sweetheart of mine. He made the
      jumpsuit some years ago when he wanted to do a project with pockets. He
      doesn't consider himself a costumer, but when he decides that he wants
      to make something, he does a quality job of it. He also did puffy
      sleeves on dresses for a college theater production, and a plaid vest
      where he matched up all the plaids correctly.